Will I get my job back?

LeadBelly

Banned
I've been a full time cover driver for about 18 months now. I was fired last Thursday and here's why, okay, so I have a buddy who delivers for Amazon and he was in my area on Thursday. I was probably 20 stops behind my normal pace and so I gave him a call and asked if he could help me deliver a few streets, I prerecorded 12-14 stops, he puts the packages in his car and delivers them. It was a really tight neighbor and in a normal passenger car it couldn't have taken him more than 25-35 minutes. I get a message on the DIAD probably an hour after he makes the deliveries telling me I need to call my center ASAP. I called and they said that a customer called UPS and asked why an Amazon driver was delivering UPS packages. I explained that I was behind and I asked my buddy for help but they were having none of it. They came and picked me up, another driver took over my route, we went back to the building and they got a union steward and basically fired me and took my badge. My union steward was unsure if I would get my job back. Can they fire me for this? I feel like I'm being treated unfairly and I literally did nothing wrong. I need this job and I'm worried. What do you all think?
If it goes to the state panel, your toast.

BUCN85

I was like an hour behind. I l just needed a little help. The right packages got delivered to the right house. No harm, no foul. I doubt I'd do this again should I get my job back.
In my eyes there is no such thing as being behind. Who cares about their ghost numbers. I know your new and feel the pressure. I was like that too when I first started. We all were. But now my main concern is no late air. No missed pickups. No missed commercial And no accidents. I will break off for air and pick ups as needed. That's all that matters in the big picture.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
We had a veteran driver a few years back that got fired for getting a new driver to deliver twenty stops for him. He wanted to get off early for something, he had the new driver take his DIAD and clock him out later. Supervisor noticed he got back to the building earlier than usual. GPS and mileage didn't add up, fired for falsifying records.

G.V. Rush

All Encompassing Member
I've been a full time cover driver for about 18 months now. I was fired last Thursday and here's why, okay, so I have a buddy who delivers for Amazon and he was in my area on Thursday. I was probably 20 stops behind my normal pace and so I gave him a call and asked if he could help me deliver a few streets, I prerecorded 12-14 stops, he puts the packages in his car and delivers them. It was a really tight neighbor and in a normal passenger car it couldn't have taken him more than 25-35 minutes. I get a message on the DIAD probably an hour after he makes the deliveries telling me I need to call my center ASAP. I called and they said that a customer called UPS and asked why an Amazon driver was delivering UPS packages. I explained that I was behind and I asked my buddy for help but they were having none of it. They came and picked me up, another driver took over my route, we went back to the building and they got a union steward and basically fired me and took my badge. My union steward was unsure if I would get my job back. Can they fire me for this? I feel like I'm being treated unfairly and I literally did nothing wrong. I need this job and I'm worried. What do you all think?
"Literally" did nothing wrong? Are you retarded?

Salesguy

Sales Member
rehire you would be against our compliance and policy regulations. Try Amazon or FedEx and pls stop crying. Your actions has put our customers business in danger and I am not happy with people who do that.

Raw

Raw Member
Update: My on road sup sent me a text today asking me to come in and talk. After PCM the two on road sups in my center and our center manager had a little meeting. I did get my job back but I'm basically on my last strike. I've had a number of incidents since working at UPS and especially since I started driving, this was the first time I found myself in the principals office since I got caught letting my helper drive part of the day in peak though. My thing is this, I'm basically under a zero policy but I've only been driving for a year and a half. Is there a certain amount of time where the incidents I have has disappear? Like if I screw up in five years can they use this stuff against me then? And since I got my job back without ever having a hearing can I grieve the two days I didn't work?
Drivers like you make me look great and keep my career discipline free going on 30 years! Keep doing what your doing and entertain your coworkers!

dookie stain

Cornfed whiteboy
IMG_0650.JPG
Whenever I'm having a bad day I go back and read the parts where you said you let your helper drive and then I read the part where you say you doubt you'd do it again if you got your job back