Will I get my job back?

UPSjacks84

I've been a full time cover driver for about 18 months now. I was fired last Thursday and here's why, okay, so I have a buddy who delivers for Amazon and he was in my area on Thursday. I was probably 20 stops behind my normal pace and so I gave him a call and asked if he could help me deliver a few streets, I prerecorded 12-14 stops, he puts the packages in his car and delivers them. It was a really tight neighbor and in a normal passenger car it couldn't have taken him more than 25-35 minutes. I get a message on the DIAD probably an hour after he makes the deliveries telling me I need to call my center ASAP. I called and they said that a customer called UPS and asked why an Amazon driver was delivering UPS packages. I explained that I was behind and I asked my buddy for help but they were having none of it. They came and picked me up, another driver took over my route, we went back to the building and they got a union steward and basically fired me and took my badge. My union steward was unsure if I would get my job back. Can they fire me for this? I feel like I'm being treated unfairly and I literally did nothing wrong. I need this job and I'm worried. What do you all think?

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
I've been a full time cover driver for about 18 months now. I was fired last Thursday and here's why, okay, so I have a buddy who delivers for Amazon and he was in my area on Thursday. I was probably 20 stops behind my normal pace and so I gave him a call and asked if he could help me deliver a few streets, I prerecorded 12-14 stops, he puts the packages in his car and delivers them. It was a really tight neighbor and in a normal passenger car it couldn't have taken him more than 25-35 minutes. I get a message on the DIAD probably an hour after he makes the deliveries telling me I need to call my center ASAP. I called and they said that a customer called UPS and asked why an Amazon driver was delivering UPS packages. I explained that I was behind and I asked my buddy for help but they were having none of it. They came and picked me up, another driver took over my route, we went back to the building and they got a union steward and basically fired me and took my badge. My union steward was unsure if I would get my job back. Can they fire me for this? I feel like I'm being treated unfairly and I literally did nothing wrong. I need this job and I'm worried. What do you all think?
you cant be serious with this

Wilson1397

Half the lies they tell about me aren't true!!
Why would you give packages to someone else to deliver? They pay you by the hour to deliver them yourself. I'm thinking you are done !!

Dishonesty??

UPSjacks84

Why would you give packages to someone else to deliver? They pay you by the hour to deliver them yourself. I'm thinking you are done !!

I was like an hour behind. I l just needed a little help. The right packages got delivered to the right house. No harm, no foul. I doubt I'd do this again should I get my job back.

Wilson1397

Half the lies they tell about me aren't true!!
I was like an hour behind. I l just needed a little help. The right packages got delivered to the right house. No harm, no foul. I doubt I'd do this again should I get my job back.
An hour behind what? Their standards? So you have to work a little longer who cares.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Dude. You falsely recorded 12-14 stops and placed all of their packages into the possession of somebody who is not a UPS employee.

This has gotta be a fake post/trollololol attempt.
I'd say the same thing but I know drivers who had golf cart helpers knowingly allow their significant others come and help deliver in personal vehicles. But since our management team is busy checking the types of socks people wore during peak, they got away with it.

What did the DUAD say when you sheeted this packages?

it said danger danger danger
danger-will-robinson.jpg