• Yes

Votes: 26 48.1%
  • No

Votes: 18 33.3%
  • To Close To Call

Votes: 10 18.5%

• Total voters

my2cents

Okay, one more poll to play with. Judging from reading over the materials, talking with co-workers and attending meetings will this tentative agreement pass?

A

Anonymous Cowar9571

We did not have an offer worth submitting until we went on strike. Hopefully once this one gets rejected we will get another offer before we have to strike again. Management is in for a big surprise.

tieguy

Banned
I guess the dope pushers are working your area hard, eh Tieguy???

Peace.

not as hard as you. One of the things we tried to do was get your union to submit our contract offer to its members. Your union refused to do so and walked out without ever submitting our offer for review and vote.

1eyejack

not as hard as you. One of the things we tried to do was get your union to submit our contract offer to its members. Your union refused to do so and walked out without ever submitting our offer for review and vote.
I THINK THE VOTES SHOULD GO TO THE NRLB TO BE COUNTED ... I HAVE TALK TO PART TIMERS WHO HAVE NOT GOT THEM BALLOTS AND THEY PROBALY WON'T GET THEM BECAUSE THE UNION WILL HAVE THIS CONTRACT IN THE BAG THATS HOW CRUPTED THIS UNION IS ....U TALK TO SHOP STEWARDS AND THEY SAY ITS A DONE DEAL IMAGINE THAT... I HOPE THAT WE GET THE CHANCE TO VOTE THE APWA IN ..... AND friend THE TEAMSTERS .... THATS HOW A LOT OF US FEEL

705red

Browncafe Steward
I THINK THE VOTES SHOULD GO TO THE NRLB TO BE COUNTED ... I HAVE TALK TO PART TIMERS WHO HAVE NOT GOT THEM BALLOTS AND THEY PROBALY WON'T GET THEM BECAUSE THE UNION WILL HAVE THIS CONTRACT IN THE BAG THATS HOW CRUPTED THIS UNION IS ....U TALK TO SHOP STEWARDS AND THEY SAY ITS A DONE DEAL IMAGINE THAT... I HOPE THAT WE GET THE CHANCE TO VOTE THE APWA IN ..... AND friend THE TEAMSTERS .... THATS HOW A LOT OF US FEEL
The apwa was, is, or has never been a real option, yes many are upset over this, but if it passes it was voted in by upsers and we have no one to blame but ourselves! If you feel upset, do something stand at the guardshack and inform all of your fellow upsers on this deal and encourage them to vote, but dont start talking nonsense about van and danny being our savior. We are standing here fighting for what we believe and are ready to fight for it, while your feerless leaders, tucked tail, scabbed and withdrew from the teamsters and cannot even vote on this. If this contract passes by two votes maybe you should head to n.c and thank the almighty scabs for helping ups!

tieguy

Banned
The apwa was, is, or has never been a real option, yes many are upset over this, but if it passes it was voted in by upsers and we have no one to blame but ourselves! If you feel upset, do something stand at the guardshack and inform all of your fellow upsers on this deal and encourage them to vote, but dont start talking nonsense about van and danny being our savior. We are standing here fighting for what we believe and are ready to fight for it, while your feerless leaders, tucked tail, scabbed and withdrew from the teamsters and cannot even vote on this. If this contract passes by two votes maybe you should head to n.c and thank the almighty scabs for helping ups!

why is it ok to have a tdu but not an apwa? Is that a reflection on the individuals or the union they are dissatisfied with?

and if your message is one of soladarity then shouldn't you be encouraging everyone to vote for the package your elected officials brought you?

705red

Browncafe Steward
why is it ok to have a tdu but not an apwa? Is that a reflection on the individuals or the union they are dissatisfied with?

and if your message is one of soladarity then shouldn't you be encouraging everyone to vote for the package your elected officials brought you?
First of i am not a card holding tdu member! The tdu is a faction of teamsters that are interested in building a stronger union, and putting the members first. Now before you slame it, its like anything else in life and its not perfect and has some odd balls in it as well. We live in america and are not forced to think one way or the other and we vote along political lines, democrats, republicans, etc, but it does not mean that we have to agree with everything that bush says or does. But when it comes to the teamsters we should line up like sheep and make decisons based off of what are leaders feel are best for us? Absolutely not!

Now with the apwa they are not even teamsters! They van and danny are not even union members! Its the same as eliminating our democratic process and becoming communists, i know im using alot of big words tie, and your already upset that i spanked you in fantasy, so try not to get upset.

Now if the tdu would help to build our union as a whole instead of pointing out all the negatives i feel that they would/could grow into a wore efective solution to rebuilding teamster power! Crap they helped another local here vote out a hoofa strong hold in a huge upset, local 743.

tieguy

Banned
i know im using alot of big words tie, and your already upset that i spanked you in fantasy, so try not to get upset.

good post until the big words cheap shot, nice comeback in fantasy.

Now if the tdu would help to build our union as a whole instead of pointing out all the negatives i feel that they would/could grow into a wore efective solution to rebuilding teamster power! Crap they helped another local here vote out a hoofa strong hold in a huge upset, local 743.

I think TDU is every bit the devicisive force that apwa is. In fact more so during this process since TDU has been very vocal while APWA seems to have been very quiet.

satellitedriver

First of i am not a card holding tdu member! The tdu is a faction of teamsters that are interested in building a stronger union, and putting the members first. Now before you slame it, its like anything else in life and its not perfect and has some odd balls in it as well. We live in america and are not forced to think one way or the other and we vote along political lines, democrats, republicans, etc, but it does not mean that we have to agree with everything that bush says or does. But when it comes to the teamsters we should line up like sheep and make decisons based off of what are leaders feel are best for us? Absolutely not!

Now with the apwa they are not even teamsters! They van and danny are not even union members! Its the same as eliminating our democratic process and becoming communists, i know im using alot of big words tie, and your already upset that i spanked you in fantasy, so try not to get upset.

" i know im using alot of big words tie,"

I looked for big words in your post, but I could not find them.
Please point them out, so I can look them up.
I did find these words, in your post, but they were not in the dictionary.

slame
efective
hoofa
im
My favorite part of your post was;
"Its the same as eliminating our democratic process and becoming communists,".
Keep fighting the good fight and stand tall against the evil empire of UPS.
Glad to see all the solidarity within the teamsters.
POX

705red

Browncafe Steward
" i know im using alot of big words tie,"

I looked for big words in your post, but I could not find them.
Please point them out, so I can look them up.
I did find these words, in your post, but they were not in the dictionary.

slame
efective
hoofa
im
My favorite part of your post was;
"Its the same as eliminating our democratic process and becoming communists,".
Keep fighting the good fight and stand tall against the evil empire of UPS.
Glad to see all the solidarity within the teamsters.
POX
You want big words? Remember seeing these when you slithered across the grass under the cover of night?

ON STRIKE
AGAINST
UPS
FOR
UNFAIR
LABOR
PRACTICES

How come you always but in a good union management debate, when you dont belong to either side?

dammor

Bingo!!!!!

Tie and Satellite you are correct. We were not shown a contract to vote on in 97.
I remember the union meeting that led to the strike. Many wanted to see what was being offered. The answers we got were vague to say the least. My favorite part was when in being further questioned the union official stated that we wouldn't understand the launguage. At least this time we have the launguage right in front of us. My hope is that people will study what is there and vote for what they think is best. Don't be so damn lazy that you are led by others on here or anywhere else.

satellitedriver

You want big words? Remember seeing these when you slithered across the grass under the cover of night?

ON STRIKE
AGAINST
UPS
FOR
UNFAIR
LABOR
PRACTICES

How come you always but in a good union management debate, when you dont belong to either side?
Yeah, I saw those words printed up on the strike posters.
When I called the national office on the first day of the strike, called by the negoitiating commitee, not the membership, I asked for specifics of what unfair labor practices were being violated. The answer was, UPS is always unfair in their labor practices, end of conversation.
But I digress,
I did not slither,skip across the line holding my skirt up, or any other defametory remark you can express.
In broad daylight, I asked for a good reason why I should not cross that line,
none was given.
To answer your last question, because I can.
You are correct that I am not on either side.
I am just a working driver.
Maybe, I should change my avatar to fulcrum.
PAX