Will There Be a Fightback at UPS?

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
Will There Be a Fightback at UPS? - Jacobin

If rank-and-file Teamsters can confront the package-delivery giant, they'll win better conditions for the whole industry.

This Monday, negotiations began between Teamsters and the package giant UPS for a new national contract. The formal exchange of proposals was in preparation for July, when the national master UPS contract will expire.

Teamsters general president James P. Hoffa — son of the infamous Jimmy Hoffa Sr — refused to release the union’s official contract proposals to general membership before presenting them to the company. Up until January 22, members had no idea what was in the proposals. Teamsters United (TU), the reform campaign working to dislodge Hoffa’s old guard from the union leadership, called this a “brownout.”

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
Your taking your ball and going home huh. 100k plus job with full benifits paid and a pension isn’t good enough. It’s too hard I understand.
I prefer to have control over my work and not destroy myself. If you're making 100k+ here, you might as well make a bed in the locker room. No reason to be snide.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
>when you see the union fighting themselves again

tenor.gif