Will this years peak season be more of a nightmare then the past?

UPS Lifer

Peak will be a nightmare created solely by Upper Management trying to cut every possible cost rather than putting enough boots on the ground to serve the needs of the customer. Sounds eerily similar to the rest of the year.

It is all about attitude.... If you go in thinking "nightmare" It will be a big ole nightmare. If you go in thinking of all the Xmas gifts you are delivering, you will experience a feeling a satisfaction for providing a service that few can provide at this time of year.

I have no bad memories of any peak that I worked at UPS and I worked 36 of them. I even took my kids with me delivering Next Day Air on Xmas Day for my entire center allowing my supervisors to enjoy time with their families.

I actually miss peak and miss the TRUE feeling of what the season is all about.... giving and helping others.

I am sure there are quite a few of you out there that know what I am talking about ... the rest are thinking of self and me and I. .... change that feeling and you will build wonderful memories of Xmas past!

Happy Holidays!

First day at the Cach was a complete cluster friend. Lost loads,emergency appropriation of drivers,brokers driving and parking all over. it`s like a kid took his box of Hot Wheels and shook them up and dumped them out. Topper was our division manager earning his 100+k playing traffic cop.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
It is all about attitude.... If you go in thinking "nightmare" It will be a big ole nightmare. If you go in thinking of all the Xmas gifts you are delivering, you will experience a feeling a satisfaction for providing a service that few can provide at this time of year.

I have no bad memories of any peak that I worked at UPS and I worked 36 of them. I even took my kids with me delivering Next Day Air on Xmas Day for my entire center allowing my supervisors to enjoy time with their families.

I actually miss peak and miss the TRUE feeling of what the season is all about.... giving and helping others.

I am sure there are quite a few of you out there that know what I am talking about ... the rest are thinking of self and me and I. .... change that feeling and you will build wonderful memories of Xmas past!

Happy Holidays!

With the way this company treats its employees at times, I can understand why people have a hard time focusing on making others happy when happiness starts from within. I do believe in giving and helping others, seperate from UPS- on the clock or not.

NY11725

today was my hubs first official day in peak...so my p/t sup says...anyway i put in 7hrs today as a p/t and 2 of those are OT :) I got to go in a little early today so I took advantage and came down from pick off when it got light at the end of the night, and just started doing stuff to kill time around my area and the other belt close buy, and banged out 7hrs. The fact that we got twice our normal flow didnt bother me because I was loving my hours :) Last peak season it seemed harder to find work at the end of the night, now it seems so easy since i know so much more. I think I like this years peak season or whatever it is going to become of it so far :) hehe... too bad they only are asking people to come in early on monday's right now, but I can make it work :)