Will UPS let me plug in my Electric Car?

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
If I bought an electric car to commute to work, what are the chances UPS lets me plug it in to charge it for the ride home? I hear so much about Brown going Green, I wonder if they would promote this type of thing. I doubt it.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
ha, just look at the garbage cans out by the fuel pumps...look at all of the empty energy drinks and coke/pepsi cans...if ups turned all of those bottles in around the country every week they could make milions....

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
ha, just look at the garbage cans out by the fuel pumps...look at all of the empty energy drinks and coke/pepsi cans...if ups turned all of those bottles in around the country every week they could make milions....

Even the ones filled with piss ???????????????????????? KA-CHING !! lol

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
If I bought an electric car to commute to work, what are the chances UPS lets me plug it in to charge it for the ride home? I hear so much about Brown going Green, I wonder if they would promote this type of thing. I doubt it.
If you ask nicely and say please maybe they will have a windmill put in just for you.

UPSGUY72

Slim to none. First they would have to have a place near a outlet for you and only you to park. Then it would most likely have to be a special plug 220v who is going to pay for that ??? Then they would have to get insurance to cover them if something happen to your car while it was charging using their electric (short , etc).

I don't see it happen because of liability issues no matter how small the chances of something going wrong there is still a chance.

klein

Für Meno :)
Laughing ! They don't even have enough plug ins for our electric heater cores we use up north !
We needed to get a boost after a harsh cold day !

UPS is the only company I ever worked for in Canada, that didn't supply plug ins for the winter months !

Driveslayer

UPS will be installing Quick Charging Systems for electric cars at every center, hub and operations buildings. The parking spaces will be the most desired available and will be carported with Valet service.

klein

Speaking of this topic, Toyota just introduced it's new electric car, it gets 300km per charge (180 miles) !

DS

Fenderbender
Klein is referring to a block heater.In cold climates(Edmonton)(Tuktoyuktuk)
they attatch an electric heater to the engine block to keep it semi-warm by plugging it into a socket.
Where the hell is the Chevy Volt??????is it all just talk?
What the heck is a Cruze?
OK so who needs an electric car if you can get a fiat=
The Chrysler dealership here has red,white and yellow ones
beside the dodge rams...weird

klein

Chevy Volt won't be in Canada until July, DS !

And btw, they will come with block heaters here, too, since the Volt needs to start up with the gas engine in extreme cold weather.

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
Here they don't even recycle all the wasted paper. TONS of the stuff right into the landfill. I have to laugh at all the 'green fleet" talk I hear in the advertisements (plastic truck bodies etc.) The garbage cans at my center are full of mostly, cardboard, paper, aluminum, and plastic bottles. Brown is going green, just r e a l slooooow.

klein

Here they don't even recycle all the wasted paper. TONS of the stuff right into the landfill. I have to laugh at all the 'green fleet" talk I hear in the advertisements (plastic truck bodies etc.) The garbage cans at my center are full of mostly, cardboard, paper, aluminum, and plastic bottles. Brown is going green, just r e a l slooooow.

On the other hand, they are "green", by not letting you plug in your car !

brett636

If your sporting one of these you should have no worries as the car can be good for 160, 230, or 300 miles depending on the battery you decide to get for it. You can charge it on 120v, but it takes a full 30 hours to charge a depleted battery.

tesla-model-s.jpg

model-s-screen-400.jpg

$5,000 reservation fee can you in as one of the first owners of one of these fine cars. Production begins in the summer of 2012.

http://www.teslamotors.com