Will we receive any info on benefits?

WifetoUPS

My husband is a FT Cover Driver. He started July 2014. We're starting to get some benefits info in the mail, but nothing about signing up, options, prices, etc. We just got something saying he's now enrolled in the long term disability. I also work full-time and currently carry our benefits, which I have to pay for. I'd very much like to switch to his if they're free. Will HR give him info when it's time? In his center HR doesn't hand out any info. He has to ask about everything, but then he feels like he's being annoying and stops asking. As former HR, this drives me INSANE. This info should be handed out to everyone upfront, benefits should be explained at orientation, etc. Where can I find the Summary Plan Description, prices, etc?

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
My husband is a FT Cover Driver. He started July 2014. We're starting to get some benefits info in the mail, but nothing about signing up, options, prices, etc. We just got something saying he's now enrolled in the long term disability. I also work full-time and currently carry our benefits, which I have to pay for. I'd very much like to switch to his if they're free. Will HR give him info when it's time? In his center HR doesn't hand out any info. He has to ask about everything, but then he feels like he's being annoying and stops asking. As former HR, this drives me INSANE. This info should be handed out to everyone upfront, benefits should be explained at orientation, etc. Where can I find the Summary Plan Description, prices, etc?
You should receive a benefits envelope in the mail from Teamcare sometime in the next month or so.

Box Ox

The fat packet with all of the above arrives about a month before the 1 year date. The union administers the plan via Teamcare. UPS just pays into it.

upschuck

Hate to break it to you, but sounds as if he is PT, FT gets insurance shortly after qualifying, where PT is after a year.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Chuck it varies by local. Ups wife chick: You don't have to pick anything or enroll, he just has to add dependents when he's eligible. The health care varies by area but will blow yours out of the water, much lower deductible, copays, etc.

upschuck

Chuck it varies by local. Ups wife chick: You don't have to pick anything or enroll, he just has to add dependents when he's eligible. The health care varies by area but will blow yours out of the water, much lower deductible, copays, etc.
You're right.

barnyard

KTM rider
Ask your husband for his union card. That will have the health and welfare phone # and possibly a website to check.

That is the best way to find out.