willing to put up the fight

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
So if a higher seniority cover decides he wants it tuesday you're SOL?
It's a free for all everyday for cover guys around here.
Sometimes you don't even know what you're running till after PCM.
It says bids a route or is assigned a route. If you run a route on Monday of a guy on vacation you were just assigned that route

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
It says bids a route or is assigned a route. If you run a route on Monday of a guy on vacation you were just assigned that route
I hear you, but it seems like it's just badly worded language man.

"Seniority will be considered when making work assignments for drivers not holding a bid route" is the language in the southern.

Then the 9.5 language says: (2) the employee bids or is assigned to cover a route for a full week but is prevented from completing that bid or assignment due to reassignment by the employer.

So what if the employer isn't the one that is responsible for the reassignment, it's a higher seniority driver deciding he likes a different route on Tuesday then he did on Monday. The employer follows the contract language and takes seniority into consideration and lets him have the the route you were on Monday.

So now that you're moved to a different route, was it the employer who prevented you from completing that assignment or the higher seniority driver exercising his seniority?

Brownslave688

I hear you, but it seems like it's just badly worded language man.

"Seniority will be considered when making work assignments for drivers not holding a bid route" is the language in the southern.

Then the 9.5 language says: (2) the employee bids or is assigned to cover a route for a full week but is prevented from completing that bid or assignment due to reassignment by the employer.

So what if the employer isn't the one that is responsible for the reassignment, it's a higher seniority driver deciding he likes a different route on Tuesday then he did on Monday. The employer follows the contract language and takes seniority into consideration and lets him have the the route you were on Monday.

So now that you're moved to a different route, was it the employer who prevented you from completing that assignment or the higher seniority driver exercising his seniority?
Yes because the employer allowed an employee to bump you when they had no right to.

It all comes down to the BA though.

dookie stain

Cornfed whiteboy
You're assigned daily...if a guy goes on vacation there isn't one guy who's gonna do the route all week it could be 2 it could be 5 guys

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
153 packages took you til 11 pm?

Truck break down?

Rain+ bald rear tires+ rural dirt road s + working out of a rental truck = teh sux

1800.GO.BUDGET

box trucks suck without a cutaway/ pass thru from the cab to the cargo...

+ covering a huge area 170~200 miles, where there's 3-4 brownie drivers until peak season arrives. Then, my miles drop to 70/day...

Today no rain, similar load, but finished before dusk

IMG_20170902_064620.jpg

Ahhh, the rear tires act like racing slicks today!

Yeap, my subcontractor is el cheapo capitan

Brownslave688

Rain+ bald rear tires+ rural dirt road s + working out of a rental truck = teh sux

1800.GO.BUDGET

box trucks suck without a cutaway/ pass thru from the cab to the cargo...

+ covering a huge area 170~200 miles, where there's 3-4 brownie drivers until peak season arrives. Then, my miles drop to 70/day...

Today no rain, similar load, but finished before dusk

View attachment 154836

Ahhh, the rear tires act like racing slicks today!

Yeap, my subcontractor is el cheapo capitan
I'm sure a DOT officer would like to hear about those tires