willing to put up the fight

Future

Victory Ride
Rain+ bald rear tires+ rural dirt road s + working out of a rental truck = teh sux

1800.GO.BUDGET

box trucks suck without a cutaway/ pass thru from the cab to the cargo...

+ covering a huge area 170~200 miles, where there's 3-4 brownie drivers until peak season arrives. Then, my miles drop to 70/day...

Today no rain, similar load, but finished before dusk

View attachment 154836

Ahhh, the rear tires act like racing slicks today!

Yeap, my subcontractor is el cheapo capitan
I just claim ...you r a slacker

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
IMG_20170908_205430.jpg

Does a slacker pack his own tow line? I also pack a tire plug kit with air compressor, jumper cables, snacks and drinks, dog treats, pea bottle, extra shoes, socks, uniform, raincoat, flashlights, my own hand truck, extra diad batteries because of lack of cellphone towers killing them...

Future

Victory Ride
View attachment 154996

Does a slacker pack his own tow line? I also pack a tire plug kit with air compressor, jumper cables, snacks and drinks, pea bottle, extra shoes, socks uniform, raincoat, flashlights, my own hand truck, extra diad batteries because of lack of cellphone towers killing them...
You have a leaf on your lawn .... get rid of that

Future

Victory Ride
View attachment 154996

Does a slacker pack his own tow line? I also pack a tire plug kit with air compressor, jumper cables, snacks and drinks, dog treats, pea bottle, extra shoes, socks, uniform, raincoat, flashlights, my own hand truck, extra diad batteries because of lack of cellphone towers killing them...
Don't forget Mr. TIlligsworth ...family cat

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
Re read his post, he kinda whine about long hours and little family to work balance... like he never researched it before hand about being a package car delivery driver

Oops, gotta go, I work Saturday

PS, I don't like cats... dogs r awesomesauce, even though some try to bite you, I understand that they are protecting their property and home owners

OrionsBitch

Not...
It says bids a route or is assigned a route. If you run a route on Monday of a guy on vacation you were just assigned that route
Only for that day.....staffing is day by day. If my name is showing as staffed for a route on Monday but doesn't show anyone staffed for tuesday-friday then no I am not eligible for 9.5.....i would have to show up on Monday and see my name on the staffing sheet for the whole week. Then if I get bumped off that route or I actually run it all week I would be eligible...

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Only for that day.....staffing is day by day. If my name is showing as staffed for a route on Monday but doesn't show anyone staffed for tuesday-friday then no I am not eligible for 9.5.....i would have to show up on Monday and see my name on the staffing sheet for the whole week. Then if I get bumped off that route or I actually run it all week I would be eligible...
Nope

Dr.Brownz

Honestly ... what the hell is a snowflake? .....and don't give me some Wikipedia definition .....I seriously don't know ...

Snowflake = Special. They will melt. Basically a person who gets affected (usually emotionally) by things too easily. Think all these kids who don't even know what they are protesting on college campuses.

Dr.Brownz

Same situation played out here. So far though, the top 2 covers are on the 9.5 list and this has lead to them dispatching better out of fear that all the cover drivers will go 9.5 and there will be no one to grab that rural pickup 1.5 hours away from the center that the normal driver can't get to because he is an overtime whore and wants to stay out all night. (or ran out of DOT hours on fridays)

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Same situation played out here. So far though, the top 2 covers are on the 9.5 list and this has lead to them dispatching better out of fear that all the cover drivers will go 9.5 and there will be no one to grab that rural pickup 1.5 hours away from the center that the normal driver can't get to because he is an overtime whore and wants to stay out all night. (or ran out of DOT hours on fridays)
It really depends on BA/Labor interpretation.

I'm surprised there hasn't been an arbitration ruling yet.

mrbrownstone

what do we do to push back im sick of working til the dark hrs of nite

Unfortunately there is nothing you can do. This so called 9.5 list is nothing but a joke. Union reps love to tote the 9.5 list like it is the 2nd coming of Christ. Some drivers will preach that you have no balls if you don't get on the 9.5 list.

What the 9.5 list will do for you is allow you to file tons of grievances for extra pay.

UPS doesn't care about when we get in.

The 9.5 list is designed to be a false sense of hope that somehow you will magically finish earlier, but the reality is that it was simply a Union negotiated way to get you more money for something UPS has no intention of abiding by.

542thruNthru

Unfortunately there is nothing you can do. This so called 9.5 list is nothing but a joke. Union reps love to tote the 9.5 list like it is the 2nd coming of Christ. Some drivers will preach that you have no balls if you don't get on the 9.5 list.

What the 9.5 list will do for you is allow you to file tons of grievances for extra pay.

UPS doesn't care about when we get in.

The 9.5 list is designed to be a false sense of hope that somehow you will magically finish earlier, but the reality is that it was simply a Union negotiated way to get you more money for something UPS has no intention of abiding by.

Not in Local 542. Management here hates 9.5 and will beg and plead and whine in hopes you won't get on it. In my center they have a white board with everyone's name that's on 9.5 and how many times they went over. I love watching them scrabble when they realize a driver has already been over twice and has a heavy day today.

Just depends on the area.