Winter Gear

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by SLW, Nov 4, 2019.

1. scooby0048

scooby0048 This page left intentionally blank

Our buddy thinks it's "dooshey"

2. 542thruNthru

542thruNthru Well-Known Member

He wears Crocs!

He has absolutely no credibility when it comes to fashion. :)

3. scooby0048

This. is. gold!

With the hi-top Nikes right!

4. Two Tokes

Two Tokes Give it to me Baby

I wear shorts all year here
    I have to be a pusillanimous and wear a long sleeve shirt for about 3 months when it dips into the 20's and 30's

5. Two Tokes

Glad I don't have to spend $25 on gloves
    I buy a 10 pack at home depot for $10 and that lasts about 6 months
    Of course I rarely have to deal with the extreme cold

6. derrick

derrick Member

they said at my job drivers aren't allowed to wear black thermals and shorts with UPS socks. it isn't allowed.

7. scooby0048

Yeah, and? Is there more to this story? Not one person mentioned wearing black thermals and shorts with UPS socks.

8. JustDeliverIt

JustDeliverIt Active Member

Yeah, it is what it is. By the time you get thermal base layers, full face hoods and boots or overshoes, $25 for a pair of gloves is a cheap date for feeling in your fingers at 10pm when it's single digit temps and negative wind chills.

9. rod

rod retired and happy

10. Two Tokes

Damn I could not function in temps like that
    Of course 3 months of 95 plus is no picnic either

11. JustDeliverIt

It's only is that bad for a few weeks with a usual winter. If it's in the 20's it's not too bad. But summer here, 80's usually. 90 happens, but in short bursts. Easier to stay warm when you're constantly moving in the cold than to try and cool off when you're constantly moving with nowhere to hide from the sun IMO.

12. Rick Ross

Rick Ross I'm into distribution!!

https://www.underarmour.com/en-us/baselayer/g/317n

The baselayer stuff is worth the money. I made it through the coldest days wearing this stuff with pants, a long sleeve shirt and vest only. I also had a really nice pair of Merrill boots that were awesome in rain and snow.

I probably dropped $400 upfront on 3 sets of baselayer and the boots but it was a good investment that has lasted years.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  13. Wheeler

Wheeler Wheeler

For footwear I ordered a set of neos the are an insulated over boot clear with replaceable studs

14. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Well-Known Member

It's a shame that we can no longer deduct non-reimbursed job expenses or union dues on our taxes.

15. JustDeliverIt

I use the Neo's as well and love them. Have a nice pair of comfortable sneakers inside and feet stay dry and warm all day.

16. Rick Ross

Rick Ross I'm into distribution!!

Those are pretty cool.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  17. SLW

SLW New Member

Got a vest and beanie today, SOL on long sleeves. I took what they had, but the sleeves are like 3/4 length, and I'm sure I'll rip through them.

What's the deal with Twin Hill being replaced? When will we be able to order stuff?

18. Wheeler

Wheeler Wheeler

They are in the process of getting new style uniforms will be hard to get anything until after peak

19. PeakMode

PeakMode Arrive Peak Leave

I am a hot nature person I wore shorts, short sleeve and the vest for all of peak. One the only things that actually work on pkg. cars is the heater.

20. MassWineGuy

MassWineGuy Well-Known Member

In really cold winter weather in New England (single digits or below zero), layers you can easily put on and take off are essential. Thermal base layers, yes. But thin ones so you don’t overheat, which I think is worse than being cold. Buy the best quality boots you can afford.

And don’t even think of driving up some ice-packed driveway where you’re truck gets stuck. Walk it off.