Winter Gear

Mack37

You guys have to buy your uniforms?

Do you guys get a clothing allowance?

Under Armour tops/bottoms-----$100 ($50/ea)
Winter socks (2)------$10 ($5/ea)
Sweat pants ------ $5
Black turtleneck ----- $5
Boots ----- $80

Total $200

Toque is supplied by company.

Real men don't wear gloves.

We get an allowance every year. $556 your first year and $464 every year after, It takes a couple years to get everything you need. The older guys will bring in stuff to donate to newer employees.

It would be nice to just be issued uniforms but at the same time it is nice to have so many options.

Last edited:

allahuakbar

She/Her
I don’t get all you old timers crying about beards. We’re out here sticking it to ups. You should be proud of us! We found a loop hole. Buncha Boomers

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
Long sleeve letter carrier shirt- $38.99
Regulation winter weight pants- $66.99
Waterproof/windproof over pants- $200.99
Waterproof breathable parka shell-$317.99
Heavyweight jacket liner- $166.99
Fur hat- $28.99
Overshoes-$108.99
Reebok postal approved shoes- $168.99

Those prices look pretty high to me... At least UPS only screws us on socks!

Mack37

Those prices look pretty high to me... At least UPS only screws us on socks!

They are high as hell but most places give you 20% off for using your whole allotment. Everything has to be union made so that makes it more expensive. Worth it though to keep union members working.

Underallowed306

upload_2019-11-13_20-27-48.jpeg

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

They are high as hell but most places give you 20% off for using your whole allotment. Everything has to be union made so that makes it more expensive. Worth it though to keep union members working.

If it were your money would you be so adamant that "everything has to be union made"?

Mack37

Is the uniform allowance use it or lose it? Can you carry any over to the following year?

It carries over to my knowledge. Everyone usually uses it all over the course of the year so I can’t say 100%. The old guys either spend it all on shoes and socks or give it to the newer guys since 30 years of allowances generally buys way more than you’ll ever need.