Winter gloves?

Cementups

Box Monkey
Another driver showed me back in May. We PCMd it a week or so ago when we were talking about using the diad with gloves. Me and the other guy were the only ones in the building using only buttons.

button, 5, 3 = DR garage
button, 5, 1 = DR man
button, 2, 4 (I think) = non delivery, not in
I'm an orange, 5, 4 kind of guy myself. ;)

I stopped using the touchscreen a couple of weeks after we got the newest DIAD. I'm so skilled, I'm usually 5 steps ahead before the DIAD catches up :laugh:

Cementups

Box Monkey
You can fly thru resis. And even commercial stops. Once you learn the numbers associated with the touch screen it becomes second nature and you'll never use the touchscreen again.

Somethings you don't even need to use the orange key for. Like grouping prerecorded stops. you can just hit 1 or 2 if it's res or comm and small arrow to next one and repeat as needed until you have them all grouped and sig/enter. Stop complete, 2.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
I use leather mechanix-style gloves. Once they break in they're pretty dexterous. Durable and dry quick. They still seem to work with the touchscreen too. I've tried the nitrile coated ones. You can get a good grip and finger movement but with that rubber coating my hands just sweat and they never dry.

werenotthepostoffice

deep down inside I really do not care
what type of gloves do you drivers in cold regions use; mainly for touch screen reasons?
I live in the south so the few times it is below zero,or single digit temps,I just use the same gloves I wear year round. I can't imagine the winters up north and I do feel for my brothers and sisters out there making it happen when it's -20 and a strong wind.

They are fluorescent orange or green and have textured nitrate in the palms and fingers.

werenotthepostoffice

deep down inside I really do not care
400.jpg

I buy all black ones. $6 or so and go through a few pairs through the winter (New England). Great grip and regular rubber actually works on the DIAD screen. Don't buy expensive gloves for this job. ALL gloves wear out along the fingers.

Helpers are for like 3-4 weeks. Winter is 3 months.
I use those but the bright green or orange. The one's I buy are a little bit thinner and cost $3.50.But you are right do NOT buy expensive gloves.

Spend the money on Under Armour Extreme Coldgear pants,shirts and socks,well worth the $50 0r $60 you spend.