Winter storm Pandora

watdaflock?

Saturday air tomorrow will be interesting.

map_specnewsdct-07_ltst_4namus_enus_980x551.jpg

Oak

Started freezing rain shortly after my shift started this evening.

I just spent four hours getting home from local sort. Twenty two miles in the country. F150 4x4, by the way.

The first half was semi ok at 25 mph. Then the pavement changed from chip and seal to a smooth blacktop. It went to hell after that. 10 mph was too fast.

So now it's 5mph. About six miles from home, negotiating a curve and hill I started slipping sideways. I had already been, on occasion, using the grass with the passenger side tires. Not this time.

I ended up on a steep embankment in the snow, about a car width off of the pavement. The more I tried to go forward and back the closer I was getting to the tree line, so I parked it. Called the wife and told her I was going to be napping in the truck.

I had a full tank of gas, my carhart bibs, an extra coat, pillow and a blanket, two bottles of water, and even had a loaf of bread.

I was just about to get comfy and get some sleep when a jeep passed by. I flashed the headlights, but it kept on going. Shortly here he came back. He knew not to stop where I was or he'd be on top of me. Turned out to be a guy that lives about a mile from me that uses his jeep to plow snow.

The pavement was so slick I couldn't even crawl across the road on all fours. I had to use my extra coat in my hands to get across on all fours.

By the fire now. Let me tell you, there's no place like home.

watdaflock?

Ice is no joke. Snow I like but ice is impossible.....unless you have studded tires.

Probably only around 3 inches of snow so far but the plows have not even been out yet.
Small town/farm land when snowing and blowing seems like they don't even bother plowing here.

*news just flashed our county went to lvl 1 warning.

BSWALKS

Fugitive From Reality
You guys just can't get a break! I'm considering riding mu motorcycle to work Monday.
That just mean! :-)
Mine are stuffed in my shed. Hard to get to with four feet of snow on the ground, and the shed is entombed with more snow, from raking its roof off.

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
Yes. Today we will get another 3 to 6 inches of snow. With highs of 25 today. 40 sunny /Sunday. Then a balmy 9 on Monday. I see about a month of winter left. With extended forecasts. Yuck!!!

The snow doesn't bother me. People are big scaredy pants. They are home. I really like to drive in the snow. I will do what I'm comfortable doing. Otherwise tomorrows another day. The wind is my grief. Awful. Nothing about idle time
I let my truck idle much as possible on Thursday. They cut routes and gave us all 11-12 hour day. friend..em.

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
[QUO

TE="Brownslave688, post: 1532928, member: 34439"]Lol I started to ice over yesterday early afternoon. I told them I'm letting it idle the rest of the day.

Had it nice and toasty in there before too long.[/QUOTE]

I must say. Those newer diesel's do get warm. My first 20 yrs. My breath is all I had to keep warm. Newbies would never know. What a real winter is. Unless they are in Alaska or the mid west. You peeps are a different breed out there. In a nice way of course