Winter Storm Warning....

Xexys

Retired and Happy
My Prius is an awesome car. It gets almost 50mpg, has plenty of power, lots of head and leg room, and a great stereo with Bluetooth. Whats not to like? If I need to get around in the snow or tow a trailer, I fire up my friend-250 4x4, otherwise it just sits.

I have a 2011 Prius and I never have had a tankful of gas deliver me less than 50 mpg. My best mpg is 58.7 on a tank that I went almost 525 miles. When it says you have no miles left you really have more than 2 gallons of gas left in the tank. I once drove around town for more than a week with the gas tank icon blinking until I finally got gas. The tank I'm working on now has me at 56.7 mpg. Definitely a great car but for snow, I'd never drive it in the snow. Hell, even in a rain storm it's quite bad. The tires are made (Bridgestone Ecopia) for mileage, not really great traction in the wet stuff. Wife and I sold both our 8 cylinder gas hogs for this car after we combined our households when we got married.

[quiote="cosmo1, post: 1272156, member: 13442"]I sleep just fine, thank you very much.

And why are you picking on Sober? I thought you had the utmost respect for him.[/quote]
He Is tired of picking on Romper room.....he has apparently, moved on to Mayberry!...jmho

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Do you sleep better at night knowing that just across the street is a house fully stocked for the end of the civilized world?

I dont think its realistic, necessary or even possible to stock up "for the end of the civilized world."

I do believe it is prudent to have a few weeks worth of food, water and fuel on hand in case of events such as an earthquake, a Katrina-level storm, or an outbreak of contagious illness.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I dont think its realistic, necessary or even possible to stock up "for the end of the civilized world."

I do believe it is prudent to have a few weeks worth of food, water and fuel on hand in case of events such as an earthquake, a Katrina-level storm, or an outbreak of contagious illness.

See that, cosmo---you are all set. : )

Re-Raise

Assuming a 10% miss rate, I could take out about 8000 zombies with my current stockpile of ammo.
I would anticipate a miss rate of 5 % or lower based on my past zombie observations. They are slow and don't appear to zig zag much when running toward something.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I would anticipate a miss rate of 5 % or lower based on my past zombie observations. They are slow and don't appear to zig zag much when running toward something.

Yeah, but you need head shots only. Ears, necks and body shots are a miss on zombies even though they would knock a human down.