winters here...what r u wearing

Holydriver

Sometimes I close the driver door; never the other one.

I'm amazed at how you guys/gals deal with extreme cold; just don't understand why you live there.

One winter in Chicago a long time ago, convinced me I don't want any part of that.
I don't like living in it either but just up and moving takes a lot more than just up and moving. There is a lot going into leaving

Dr.Brownz

The teens and you needed 6 layers of clothes?

I would of wore cold gear under my long sleeve shirt that's it. If it was really windy also I might of put my jacket on.

You guys are all working too hard or you are all fat if you don't need 6 layers in the teens.

I wear 2 thin under armors a long sleeve T, with a short sleeve over it and then a UPS long sleeve with a standard UPS rain jacket over it. And then when night falls I add another thick under armor.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
first cold day of the year..in the teens where I'm at. Had 6 layers on up top(shirts) n 2 layers of pants..as I said in a previous post I HATE wearing a ton of clothes feel clostraphobic(sp)....j/w what everyone else wears to keep warm but not feel like the young kid from a Xmas story.
right at this moment i am sitting in my recliner by the fire wearing nothing.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
You guys are all working too hard or you are all fat if you don't need 6 layers in the teens.

I wear 2 thin under armors a long sleeve T, with a short sleeve over it and then a UPS long sleeve with a standard UPS rain jacket over it. And then when night falls I add another thick under armor.
So fat and working hard are the only two Options.

Maybe you're just a P* when it comes to cold weather. All of that madness would easily cover me to the negative teens.

Shifting Contents

Most Help Needed
Today I wore flip flops, a humorous grunt style t shirt and cargo shorts

When I go back to work it shorts and short sleeve Jack shirt

Do they make ups uniform pants? Never seen them

Savvy412

Under armor top. Not a turtle neck)
Under armor Pants($100)
Jacket or vest. Usually vest.
Hand warmers . Batting gloves
Wool boot socks .
$150 timberland weatherproof boots . My feet are dry and warm all day
It's been 5-10 degrees here . Real feel -1

Last edited:

Limper

Out For Delivery
6 layers on top and 2 on the bottom? You are clearly overdressed.

It was in the single numbers here all day yesterday. I had my UA tops and bottoms, two pairs of socks, LS shirt, pants, coat and hat. I don't wear gloves. I was very comfortable.

Do you get splits on your fingertips? I do, even with a ton of lotion. So I wear thin mechanics gloves that allows me to use
the DIAD.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
I think they were in the 1st catalog I looked at when I started driving. I think it was $80, so I passed. Now I regret it.