Wisconsin Court Deems Right to Work Illegal

milb

Respected Member
Yea. And as I said before, the opportunities are there for those that have taken the time to earn the job. Nothing is a hand out, you see
I work in a union job, but that's not the point. handout? Why does it always go to someone wanting a handout? I was just asking a question about the jobs you were talking about. If you have the info post it. People take time to earn jobs without degrees too. A lot of people get kicked out of schools because of their noncompliance and rebel attitude and still end up successful. Not about a handout, about jobs

Holydriver

But seriously, I used to listen to my dad preach the union gospel too. He was in the united steel workers and all seemed fine by him. I remember preaching the same gospel to coworkers in a nice cush office job making a great living who all hated unions. Overtime I started to see what they were saying. I don't mean they convinced me, after leaving the job I lost contact with them. But eventually I started to see what they said made sense. See, I'm not anti union...I work for one and pay dues. But, I'm also not ignorant enough to believe that if not for unions I would be a homeless bum on the streets while these greedy CEOs run amok. It's just not like that. You all have non union friends, compare stories of your work environment to theirs, see who had a better work environment

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
I work in a union job, but that's not the point. handout? Why does it always go to someone wanting a handout? I was just asking a question about the jobs you were talking about. If you have the info post it. People take time to earn jobs without degrees too. A lot of people get kicked out of schools because of their noncompliance and rebel attitude and still end up successful. Not about a handout, about jobs
Took me 8 years of hard labor to earn my right to work 2 more years to make top scale.
I was "handed" nothing.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
But seriously, I used to listen to my dad preach the union gospel too. He was in the united steel workers and all seemed fine by him. I remember preaching the same gospel to coworkers in a nice cush office job making a great living who all hated unions. Overtime I started to see what they were saying. I don't mean they convinced me, after leaving the job I lost contact with them. But eventually I started to see what they said made sense. See, I'm not anti union...I work for one and pay dues. But, I'm also not ignorant enough to believe that if not for unions I would be a homeless bum on the streets while these greedy CEOs run amok. It's just not like that. You all have non union friends, compare stories of your work environment to theirs, see who had a better work environment
Apples and oranges, blue collar and white collar.

Holydriver

I guess it has to do with location. Where a person lives.

You know me...
Now compare the product that CEO over sees and how popular itnis in America. Say, Steve jobs, very wealthy dude before he died. Helped create Apple....he has earned his millions.

Ok. He helped create Apple. Fair enough. Now he's dead. (All the money in the world can't stop that) So, do you know how much his salary was at Apple? From 1997 - 2011 he was paid $1.00 per year. That's no BS. He did this because he owned a whole lot of shares in Apple. His philosophy was that if he was doing a good job as CEO, the company would profit and he would become wealthy via his shares in the company. Imagine that.

Now that he's dead, this business executive Tim Cook who had absolutely NOTHING to do with founding the company or helping it grow comes in and replaces Jobs at an annual salary of 65 million per year. Meanwhile, little Chineese children are building all of his products for a bag of rice per day so their families won't starve.

This is perfectly OK with you?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Ok. He helped create Apple. Fair enough. Now he's dead. (All the money in the world can't stop that) So, do you know how much his salary was at Apple? From 1997 - 2011 he was paid $1.00 per year. That's no BS. He did this because he owned a whole lot of shares in Apple. His philosophy was that if he was doing a good job as CEO, the company would profit and he would become wealthy via his shares in the company. Imagine that.

Now that he's dead, this business executive Tim Cook who had absolutely NOTHING to do with founding the company or helping it grow comes in and replaces Jobs at an annual salary of 65 million per year. Meanwhile, little Chineese children are building all of his products for a bag of rice per day so their families won't starve.

This is perfectly OK with you?

As an Apple shareholder---yes!

hyena

I agree that seasonal employees should not have to pay dues or initiation fees. I also agree that PTers should have a lower multiplier than FTers. However, I do not believe that an employee should be able to use union benefits without at least paying an agency fee, which is usually a bit lower than traditional dues, not do I believe that the union should post lists of those who do and don't pay dues. That is no one's business.
image.jpeg

barnyard

KTM rider
According to the articles that I have read, it is probable that the Wisconsin State Supreme court will not uphold the ruling. Because of that, an injunction was not issued stopping the implementation of the law.

Seems like a short-lived, hollow victory to me.