Wisconsin wreck

hondo

promoted to mediocrity
Last night the news radio reported a major highway shutdown in WI (I think near Janesville) due to a UPS triple trailer rig overturning. Anybody know anything? The feeder driver I talk to had heard about the crash, but not that it was a brother UPSer/teamster, but he said the company wouldn't say anything to him if it was. Was it a UPS rig? Maybe UPS freight?

raceanoncr

Last night the news radio reported a major highway shutdown in WI (I think near Janesville) due to a UPS triple trailer rig overturning. Anybody know anything? The feeder driver I talk to had heard about the crash, but not that it was a brother UPSer/teamster, but he said the company wouldn't say anything to him if it was. Was it a UPS rig? Maybe UPS freight?

Nope, ain't heard nothing yet but FYI, we can't pull triples in WI, so info is either bogus or in another state.

RockyRogue

Agent of Change
Nope, ain't heard nothing yet but FYI, we can't pull triples in WI, so info is either bogus or in another state.

Yeah, yeah, I know I'm in Colorado but can't we pull triples in Indiana, Iowa and maybe Michigan? When I was working in Illinois, I remember feeder was "annoyed" about having to dispatch a second driver to pick up a single pup at the Indiana line. -Rocky

raceanoncr

Yeah, yeah, I know I'm in Colorado but can't we pull triples in Indiana, Iowa and maybe Michigan? When I was working in Illinois, I remember feeder was "annoyed" about having to dispatch a second driver to pick up a single pup at the Indiana line. -Rocky

Nope, can't do trips in Ill, IA but only Indiana turnpike, Don't know about MI. Took xtra run thru there some yrs ago but can't member.

raceanoncr

Used to be able to pull MT trips thru certain parts of NE due to TIMPE manufactuing plant in state, but had to under so many restrictions that this company never tried.

hondo

promoted to mediocrity
Raceanoncr,Rocky thanks for the replies. On teamster.net someone had heard it was a UPS doubles and a separate container hauler. Name on container had "Triple" in it. Said no injuries reported. Triples only on toll roads is what the feeder drvr who pulls my load said, too. Hope it wasn't an "avoidable accident".

hondo

promoted to mediocrity
Someone @ unitedpackagesmashers.com heard it was a subcontractor pulling our doubles.:mad: Glad I'm not the one who has to justify that decision.:blushing: :lol:

Automaton

I heard about this friday from a truck driver who witnessed the accident. He said it was in Ohio. Other than that, I didn't get any details.