Wish I could wear a uniform...

Cementups

Box Monkey
What I go through the quickest, especially in winter, are PANTS! I split the belt, so the constant leaning over, and rubbing up against the belt, causes pants to eventually wear down and develop holes/tears around the front of the mid-thigh. In summer I basically just have a set of 2 or 3 gym shorts that I recycle, and wash with other laundry as needed, so those tend to last longer.

It sounds like you're wearing the wrong size pants. I've been wearing the same pants for 5+ years now. And my shorts are about 8 years old.

Shifting Contents

Most Help Needed
ASK FOR A WORK APRON. YOU ARE ENTITLED TO IT!

That is all.
I've never seen anyone in my facility wear one. I'd feel like a 'tard if I was the only one...

no one wears them because no knows about them. Once you wear it many will follow suit. Seen it happen. in my building it started as a way to annoy a particular preload sup and then exploded into everyone wanting one. He didn't even know where to order them.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
I gave my tax guy a list of my write-offs and he first told me I couldn't write off my black socks, white t's and underwear because I could also wear them outside of work. I was like, "Bro, if you would see this stuff after working at UPS there is no way I would wear this stuff outside of work, even if I wanted to." He changed his mind rather quickly.

​How did you spend the 17 dollars you got back?

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
no one wears them because no knows about them. Once you wear it many will follow suit. Seen it happen. in my building it started as a way to annoy a particular preload sup and then exploded into everyone wanting one. He didn't even know where to order them.

This. I raised h*ll after I had a basal cell carved out of my face to get one of the big floppy hats. I had to call the district safety wonk. Then, everybody had one.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I asked my center manager about getting a work apron yesterday at pcm. I was told we aren't allowed to wear them while working, as they could become a slip and fall hazard if they became untied. The same could be said about boots, perhaps we should all load barefoot lol. :rolleyes2:

mixyo

Dispatcher
I asked my center manager about getting a work apron yesterday at pcm. I was told we aren't allowed to wear them while working, as they could become a slip and fall hazard if they became untied. The same could be said about boots, perhaps we should all load barefoot lol. :rolleyes2:
Yeah I wanna wear sandals to work in this hot weather!

Cementups

Box Monkey

​Your center manager is an idiot.

BSWALKS

Fugitive From Reality
i would prefer to wear my corona sandals. They have a built in bottle opener.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
I asked my center manager about getting a work apron yesterday at pcm. I was told we aren't allowed to wear them while working, as they could become a slip and fall hazard if they became untied.

You mean you haven't memorized the 7 Steps to Properly Tying an Apron?

Shame on you.