With all these things and changes going on? Why are there not more posts?

overflowed

The poster responsible for most of the nonsense rumors stopped posting. At least, as far as we know.
I actually think most of the pissed off midrange people left . I make 150000k a year now. Still driving, not as an easy job but hell , the company can do so much better. I think it's horrible the way they treat peaple at fedex. Wait ! What are you saying ? You post damn near daily.

floridays

Do you think it's possible that Express and Ground could eventually be merged completely?
You didn't ask me, but I'm not shy in offering unsolicited responses.

I do, and it will as soon as the ground network can duplicate what express couriers can deliver.
The shareholders will demand it.

Express will one day be a true airline segment, air operation. Fedex ground will become what domestic ground is currently.

falcon back

You didn't ask me, but I'm not shy in offering unsolicited responses.

I do, and it will as soon as the ground network can duplicate what express couriers can deliver.
T
he shareholders will demand it.

Express will one day be a true airline segment, air operation. Fedex ground will become what domestic ground is currently.
Ground can't even handle their volume now. How can they handle theirs plus Express? What about the Express Heavyweight freight? It would take years, maybe another decade of new buildings and related expenses to convert 100k or so DGO employees work to Ground.

zeev

Ground would have be capitalized to an extent where they can handle the volume. Express heavyweight will stay because it’s where all the money 💴 n Express is made now but watch out for Amazon when they get all their planes.

falcon back

Ground would have be capitalized to an extent where they can handle the volume. Express heavyweight will stay because it’s where all the money 💴 n Express is made now but watch out for Amazon when they get all their planes.
Acquiring planes and building infrastructure for making deliveries will take Amazon years to complete. Their pay structure is so low, they can't keep drivers or contractors now and the conditions of their vans is proof of the quality of their drivers.

It will be fine

They are developing the systems to squeeze every minute of capacity out of the Ground network right now. The cost savings of integration are substantial and will easily justify the future expansions of the Ground network.

zeev

Acquiring planes and building infrastructure for making deliveries will take Amazon years to complete. Their pay structure is so low, they can't keep drivers or contractors now and the conditions of their vans is proof of the quality of their drivers.
Amazon’s system was created overnight. They get the job done better than Ground no one cares what the trucks or drivers look like.

zeev

They are developing the systems to squeeze every minute of capacity out of the Ground network right now. The cost savings of integration are substantial and will easily justify the future expansions of the Ground network.
The faster they do it the better for the company, the main hindrance is the Express bureaucracy, you take the place of probably 5 bureaucratic jobs ie safety, HR, engineering, redundant levels of management.

bacha29

Hmmm, think you want MLB, not NFL.
Don't talk to me about it. Go ask Old Falcon Fart. He's the guy talking about bringing the designated hitter to the NFL. Has to be the easiest job in the world and how OC's can fit it into the game plan ........well, that's
what they get paid the big bucks for.

falcon back

Amazon’s system was created overnight. They get the job done better than Ground no one cares what the trucks or drivers look like.
Overnight? Are you sure? I am sure several years went into planning, acquiring and starting their service. If starting the service was so easy, why did they have to stall their plan to deliver outside companies deliveries?

AB831

Yet look at their stock and look at Fat Freddy's.

falcon back

Yet look at their stock and look at Fat Freddy's.
Why, they are 2 totally different companies. I suggest you compare Amazon stock to Berkshire Hathaway then. The only stock you can compare Fdx to is UPS and in most cases, Fdx stock has out performed UPS.

falcon back

Amazon's bread is buttered by their web services.
Young fella isnt knowledgeable in the world of business to know that. Amazon makes about 15 billion $ each year just on Prime Membership fees. He thinks their delivery service is what makes their stock so pricey.