Without Amazon, we are toast

take your time

Honestly now....Amazon has ordered 20,000 new vehicles.

This peak was surprising light.....I asked veterans and they said they've never seen it this light....ever.

Did some digging and I found out that back in 2013, UPS has a "Christmas Delivery Fiasco" and could not deliver many packages on time for many weeks after Christmas. This led Amazon to begin to build it's own delivery service.

So, the question is: How important is Amazon to UPS? Can UPS survive without Amazon?

take your time

ups is toast.png

DOK

Honestly now....Amazon has ordered 20,000 new vehicles.

This peak was surprising light.....I asked veterans and they said they've never seen it this light....ever.

Did some digging and I found out that back in 2013, UPS has a "Christmas Delivery Fiasco" and could not deliver many packages on time for many weeks after Christmas. This led Amazon to begin to build it's own delivery service.

So, the question is: How important is Amazon to UPS? Can UPS survive without Amazon?

I feel bad for some of the lower seniority guys, routes will be cut.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
So...peak wasn't light this year compared to other years?

View attachment 228859
It actually wasn’t. We hired enough help for a change. My building did more volume than last years peak and broke a single day record of 175k pieces as well. The problem the company is having is we discounted large shippers too much. Amazon, Kohl’s, Macy’s, and Walmart don’t really yield a profit per package. Go ask your division manager. He will tell you we make too much as well. We will never lose Amazon, they don’t want the heavy time consuming injury inducing packages anyway.

F

Frankie's Friend

It actually wasn’t. We hired enough help for a change. My building did more volume than last years peak and broke a single day record of 175k pieces as well. The problem the company is having is we discounted large shippers too much. Amazon, Kohl’s, Macy’s, and Walmart don’t really yield a profit per package. Go ask your division manager. He will tell you we make too much as well. We will never lose Amazon, they don’t want the heavy time consuming injury inducing packages anyway.
Nor do they want to be wandering around rural areas with fdx at 2100 looking for CR 18.

take your time

How do you know? Dont you have a conference call tonite telling you Corp is nullifying your vacations to buy more property and jets?
Evidently the company is not concerned about it or they wouldnt be spending asset money like a 5 yr old in Toys R Us.

I'm just asking what you guys think...

Could UPS afford to lose Amazon if Amazon decided to build it's own delivery infrastructure?