Woman on scooter killed by UPS truck

Zowert

I didn’t know the obese were categorized into a class. I thought they were just people like the rest of us.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
With all our training, even the best of drivers make errors. Several years ago, a driver turned left in front of a motorcyclist in my subdivision and killed the the driver. He was a neighbor of mine and we spoke often. My son was one of the first on the scene as he was heading into work. He held the guy's hand and talked to him while he died pinned under the truck. The article also starts out describing the accident as the mororcyclist died after hitting the truck. It is actually a pretty detailed article with a video attached.
http://montgomerycountypolicereporter.com/motorcycle-driver-killed-after-hitting-ups-truck/

UrFellowUpser

Driver maybe 10 years ago ... residential street in the city .. stopped at a stop sign .... guy drove his bike into the truck ....can’t make this :censored2: up
My first year driving I was stopped at a stop sign and the driver that was driving down the road made a left turn and drove right into the front of my truck.

wilberforce15

Video of a truck hitting a bicyclist

So a woman, who should have known she was essentially invisible to the driver after he passed, decided not to notice 60+ft of long, loud, bright red monstrous truck right in front of her.

The driver could have seen her before, and looked for her all through and before the turn, and still not seen her at all after a certain point.

Be careful around 80,000lbs that cannot possibly see you or account for the other 20 small objects in their field of view while navigating tight city spaces.

It's sad and terrible. But they're taking out her distraction, her foolishness, her ignorance, on a guy who may have done everything reasonably.

hegro

:censored2: is scary. Was out late the other night delivering my apartment complex. I am about to start moving and I faintly hear somebody. A disabled lady rolls up beside me in her wheelchair in the middle of the road. Couldnt see her at the rear of my truck.. Lady what are you doing there?! Best of all she starts asking me about a misdelivered Amazon package delivered by Amazon. :glare:

Days

I think if you’re riding a bicycle around cars, you’re asking for a death wish

There are a lot of good drivers but there’s also a lot of bad drivers. Only takes one bad driver for you to end up dead.

Poop Head

Judge me.
I think if you’re riding a bicycle around cars, you’re asking for a death wise.

There are a lot of good drivers but there’s also a lot of bad drivers. Only takes one bad driver for you to end up dead.
Yuppies ruin everything

Last edited:

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage

Video of a truck hitting a bicyclist
Nothing worse than being dead right!

I am a biker and a bicyclist and I don't think I would have made the mistake the Doctor did.
If you are one of those bozos that thinks "I have the right of way",
take my advise and never get on a bike or cycle!

oldngray

nowhere special
269104c77.gif

When someone rides like that

What could go wrong?