Woman on scooter killed by UPS truck

oldngray

nowhere special
Have had some real geniuses on the highway on motorcycle s scare the living crap out of me ...hard 2 see them coming at 100mph plus from behind
Although usually when a motorcycle is in an accident its not their fault. The other driver didn't see them or look for them. Bicycles are a whole 'nother story. They usually act like rules of the road don't apply to them.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Person wasn’t on a scooter but I know of cases where they ruled it a suicide. On the side of the road then bam just jumped out in front of a driver.

Had something similar like that happen here.

On a tight 2 lane road (55 mph) a young guy decides to end it all.

They ended up scraping him off the front of a feeder.

The driver was a veteran and smart enough to maintain his lane and watched

it happen. Just like with having a deer pop out in front of you.... drive through it.

Try and avoid it (with a set of doubles) chances are, you kill yourself.

Mack37

Video of a truck hitting a bicyclist

I’ve reported that video before for essentially doxxing the poor truck driver that the police found not at fault. I’m surprised they haven’t disabled the comments by now seeing that almost nobody agrees with their narrative.

Zowert

My first year driving I was stopped at a stop sign and the driver that was driving down the road made a left turn and drove right into the front of my truck.

Some folks are oblivious. I was stopped at an intersection once and this teenage girl walked right into the side of my truck. Head down looking at her phone the entire time, not looking up once as she crossed a busy 4-way intersection.

Little brat had the nerve to get angry at me. No way that kid survives into adulthood. If so, I hope she doesn’t breed.

oldngray

nowhere special
Some folks are oblivious. I was stopped at an intersection once and this teenage girl walked right into the side of my truck. Head down looking at her phone the entire time, not looking up once as she crossed a busy 4-way intersection.
picdump_3212_30.jpg

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
Who’s to say it the DRIVERS fault !!!
Go dam we are persectuting this poor bastard and we know nothing ,, maybe he cleared the intersection , crosswalk or what ever and she ran off curb into him !!
Christ sakes he’s one of us ,, give him the benefit of the doubt !!
that was my first thought. people are starting to think like management

rod

Retired 22 years
I saw a lady get ran over by a large truck delivering lumber. The truck was turning left and apparently the lady was hidden to him by his trucks large mirrors. It was like a slow motion death. At the last second she threw her baby she was carrying out of the way. It survived. That was enough for me to always double check those blind spots the mirrors cause