Won a bid route, and they started changing it

710 steward

What happens when 8 hour request is not honored? (This is a learning/teaching moment for the masses)

I’m not under his supplement. It’s different in 710. The answer for my contract is nothing. Not long ago a driver in Rockford lost his job for bringing it back without finishing. Our local has maintained “you’ve gotta have the halls to bring it back.” Well the driver got terminated and was brought back without back pay. Then the local blamed the driver for not having the same balls to take his grievance to panel. No joke or embellishing my statement.

Over70irregs

I’m not under his supplement. It’s different in 710. The answer for my contract is nothing. Not long ago a driver in Rockford lost his job for bringing it back without finishing. Our local has maintained “you’ve gotta have the halls to bring it back.” Well the driver got terminated and was brought back without back pay. Then the local blamed the driver for not having the same balls to take his grievance to panel. No joke or embellishing my statement.
Never step outside your contact. There are other ways to make things whole.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
What happens when 8 hour request is not honored? (This is a learning/teaching moment for the masses)
1) he’s saying you only have 8 DOT hours left.

2) in the central there’s no such thing as not honoring an 8 hour. You bring back any excess stops if need be.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
in the Central you let them know you’re not going to be done in 8 hours

If they don’t get you help you bring whatever’s left back and clock out in 8 hours
And they’ll still push it until you call their bluff a couple times.

Bring back 30 semi rural stops when the DM is in town to “fix” your center and you’ll probably not have any further issues though. Or so I hear ;)

bumped

in the Central you let them know you’re not going to be done in 8 hours

If they don’t get you help you bring whatever’s left back and clock out in 8 hours

At my center...Action occurs when I send the message in asking... Do you want me to leave the packages on the platform or sheet them as missed when I get in from my 8 hour.

Steamer

I was hauling a** when I first started, and now everyday when I have 6-8 stops left I see that little green light in the top right corner of the DIAD light up while Im driving to the next stop and I know, before even looking, its a supe asking me to call the center when Im done to go take work off people. Some days I dont mind cause I like money and I take my sweet time when I take work off someone, but it gets old. Most days I just want to go home

I just use black tape over the little green light. No issues since.

:geeky:

710 steward

1) he’s saying you only have 8 DOT hours left.

2) in the central there’s no such thing as not honoring an 8 hour. You bring back any excess stops if need be.

I understand now. They are two different things. If a driver meets the max hours allowed by law to drive they pull it over and have management come and get them. We are not allowed to drive past 60 hours per the contract unless mutually agreed upon.

Fido

Don’t worry he’s friendly
Just follow the methods, keep yourself safe and hydrated during these hot months, and take your breaks. Find your pace.

barnyard

KTM rider
If there is a day of the week that is consistently heavy, put in an 8 hour request for that day. You get 3 a month, use them. edited to add... make sure that no other drivers in your loop are doing the same. If there is a higher seniority driver with an 8 hour request, they can deny yours.

WTFm8

If there is a day of the week that is consistently heavy, put in an 8 hour request for that day. You get 3 a month, use them. edited to add... make sure that no other drivers in your loop are doing the same. If there is a higher seniority driver with an 8 hour request, they can deny yours.

Wednesday is that day in many places.

Rack em

Made the Podium
Contract says each driver gets 2 8 hours a month, but if the company doesn't honor an 8 hour you get the penalty pay AND an additional 8 hour request for future use. Technically you can have up somewhere around 12 a month if they keep working you over 8.5 hours on an 8 hour request.