Wonderful that we have a new contract isn't it??

stink219

I read this," the National Negotiating Committee will be working with the TeamCare trustees and administration to make improvements in areas that members were most concerned with."

That doesn't sound like he hates you.

over9five

Staff member
So where did it say he was angry?

What did he really say?

"Unfortunately, for those of you who voted to ratify both the National Agreement and your Supplement, you will have to wait for the members in the rest of the country to approve their Supplements before you can receive your wage increases, benefits, and language improvements contained in the new National Agreement and your new Supplement".
Ken H

stink219

Omg!!! How dear he!!! That is deplorable!!! I can't believe he would inform us with the answers of the exact same questions that stewards field everyday. This is sickening! Damn this union!! NO! NO!!!! NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

But in all seriousness, I can't believe that some fools take everything as a personal attack. If the guy worded it another way, some would say it was a "brown out". People make me laugh man.

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
Omg!!! How dear he!!! That is deplorable!!! I can't believe he would inform us with the answers of the exact same questions that stewards field everyday. This is sickening! Damn this union!! NO! NO!!!! NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

But in all seriousness, I can't believe that some fools take everything as a personal attack. If the guy worded it another way, some would say it was a "brown out". People make me laugh man.

It is a personal attack. People who can read between the lines noticed it immediately.

Overpaid Union Thug

"Unfortunately, for those of you who voted to ratify both the National Agreement and your Supplement, you will have to wait for the members in the rest of the country to approve their Supplements before you can receive your wage increases, benefits, and language improvements contained in the new National Agreement and your new Supplement".
Ken H

I just received that letter today. CLASSIC!

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Who else can't quite understand why our wonderful union has allowed us to keep working instead of putting pressure on UPS to get the contract finished? Instead of striking, we get to keep working under the same ****ty working conditions, the same 95 language that means nothing to UPS, and keep getting all the harassment for doing this job. There are drivers out in my building until 10pm tonight. This ISN'T peak. What the hell. From what our supervisors said, it came down from corporate that routes need to be cut and stops per car way up. Is this what we have to look forward to for the next 5 years?

​You sound like you might be a bit pissed off!

wkmac

​You sound like you might be a bit pissed off!

I always find contract time an interesting exercise. You can tell who has been around through a number of these and who hasn't!

Think I'll pour another glass of cold sweet tea and enjoy the savor of 9 in a row!
:wink2:

Overpaid Union Thug

I always find contract time an interesting exercise. You can tell who has been around through a number of these and who hasn't!

Think I'll pour another glass of cold sweet tea and enjoy the savor of 9 in a row!
:wink2:

WOW! I didn't think you commented outside of the "Current Events" forum. Or maybe I have just missed some.

wkmac

WOW! I didn't think you commented outside of the "Current Events" forum. Or maybe I have just missed some.

It would be the latter but it's not often I do. My perspectives and experiences are different from the majority so it's rare anything of interest pops up. But I do lurk for it's comedic value.

Drink Craft Beer

Ken H
The above wasn't in the letter that I received yesterday.

Mine basically stressed over and over that the healthcare plan will not renegotiated, because the TA has been ratified.

It also states that the Teamster healthcare is "comparable" for those that are currently on the UPS plan.

In closing it says:

Keep in mind that the wage and benefit increases will not go into effect until after all supplements and Riders are passed. The Final decision is in your hands

My question is.......what are the benefit increases again under the Teamster plan compared to those that are on the current UPS plan? I'm told it's "comparable"...then told 10 seconds it's going to be better after switching??

cynic

Ken H

I'm a PT'er in the South and I personally am willing to wait a LONGtime for the new benefits as I'm covered under the UPS administrated plan. (Aetna.)

I'm getting as much dental work done under the UPS administrated plan as I can this summer - no annual limits. Same for the MRI's of my back and shoulders.

For those of us that work at UPS part-time for the (union negotiated) benefits and are covered by the company plan, the new TA moving us out of that plan is a huge loss.

sortaisle

Livin the cardboard dream
It is a personal attack. People who can read between the lines noticed it immediately.
No, people who project their own feelings onto the words of the paper see a personal attack. Look I voted no, but even I only read that he was informing the people who voted yes that they have to wait till it's all ratified. Do schools not teach context anymore? You take a paragraph and read into it what you think/feel? That's really too bad. Take the whole letter into account, not just a paragraph.

sortaisle

Livin the cardboard dream
And another thing, will someone show me the E C6 plan? Not the current C6 plan, but the E C6. And beyond that, I have heard some in the C6 plan say they paid tons out of pocket and yet others on the C6 plan say they've paid next to squat for the same things. The only thing I can think of is one was out of network and the other was in network. I don't know about you guys...I like my family doc, but I only see him for 5 minutes once or twice a year. I think I can handle seeing a different doc for the same 5 minutes if it's going to save me money for the same care.