Wondering what article I can file a grievance on warning letter?

Dustyroads

Re: Wandering what article I can file a grievance on warning letter?

Funny how things are different in different parts of the country. If I go over 9.5, I write my boss a warning letter. Role reversal.

Moabman

One box at a time...

If you did a quality job you would never need to talk to the union. If you have a problem go talk to HR.

The union really needs to just go away, the only thing it does is create a larger gap between the hourly and management. Just do your job and you don't need the union.

raceanoncr

If you did a quality job you would never need to talk to the union.
The union really needs to just go away, the only thing it does is create a larger gap between the hourly and management. Just do your job and you don't need the union.

Yeah, then we'd all be happy to be making $11.00 an hour after 30 years and paying $900 a month for bennies.

How do I decert?

Moabman

One box at a time...

I have worked for UPS for 17 years and have never once needed the union, and don't plan to. I have seen too many people use the union to keep their jobs when they should have been fired. UPS has too many people working that are only here because of some union loophole that affords them the ability to "stick it to the company" they work for, and still keep their job.
Luckily I live in a "right to work" state, otherwise I wouldnt work for UPS.
Why would I give $1000 a year to a organization that bullies its way in to privately held companies and does not do anything more than our nations laws do anyway?
As I said before, the union needs to go away, UPS will be stronger and more able to compete in the package market when that happens.

8andout

never once needed the union? what about you hourly wage? What about labor laws that were put in place because of union activities? Ever been paid time and 1/2 over 40? What about medical, dental and vision, not only for you, but also for your dependents "assuming you are a UPS hourly employee" I too live in a "right to work state" and I choose to be a union member, and I am proud of it. "union needs to go away" no, uninformed, Wal-mart , Honda,Hyundai, Toyota, Yugo, KIA, etc........ buying people are the ones that need to dissapear!

grgrcr88

No It's not green grocer!

I have worked for UPS for 17 years and have never once needed the union, and don't plan to. I have seen too many people use the union to keep their jobs when they should have been fired. UPS has too many people working that are only here because of some union loophole that affords them the ability to "stick it to the company" they work for, and still keep their job.
Why would I give $1000 a year to a organization that bullies its way in to privately held companies and does not do anything more than our nations laws do anyway?
As I said before, the union needs to go away, UPS will be stronger and more able to compete in the package market when that happens.

I sincerely hope you never need the representation of a union officer in a discipline case(I assume that is what you mean by never needing the Union). But for you to sit and enjoy all the benefits this Union has negotiated for you and then piss and moan about how they need to go away is the highest form of hypocrisy!! How can you choose not to support the organization that has given you everything you enjoy now and sleep at night!!

Good luck to you in the future, living on social security should be fun. You shurely are not going to take any of that pension money from the nasty Union!!!

raceanoncr

I have worked for UPS for 17 years and have never once needed the union, (except for the high wages that I make) and don't plan to. I have seen too many people use the union to keep their jobs when they should have been fired (and too many people that didn't belong and still got fired). UPS has too many people working that are only here because of some union loophole that affords them the ability to "stick it to the company" they work for, and still keep their job (like me).
Luckily I live in a "right to work" state, otherwise I wouldnt work for UPS and they probably wouldn't have me anyway).
Why would I give $1000 a year to a organization (only to receive more than 10,20,30 thousand or more in increased union wages) that bullies its way in to privately held (uh, well, maybe I'm so dumb I don't realize UPS is a publicly traded company now. Oh, well) companies and does not do anything more than our nations laws do anyway (like increase the minimum wage to MORE THAN 7 DOLLARS AN HOUR, compared to my measely $30)?
As I said before, the union needs to go away,(just like ingrates like me) UPS ill be stronger and more able to compete in the package market when that happens.

We need more people like you.

I totally agree w/ you! UPS could make more money using more quality employees, instead of having a Union that forces to company to settle for the people who are not benificial to the company.

grgrcr88

No It's not green grocer!
Dont' waste time on these "MOLES" :censored2: PAY UNION SCALE GIVE ME UNION BENNIES"
Just quit working arounnd union people!

So you like the Union, but you don't like the Union.You wil be perfect for a managers job!!! Can't decide where you stand until someone tells you!!

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"

Everybody is entitled to thier own opinion this is America after all. Even if they are wrong like you.
Answer a couple of questions
You have worked at UPS 17 years and have progressed in wages to a point that you make a reasonable living. Who protects you if you get a new supervisor who decides the company doesn't need you anymore?Our goverment will protect you?! Just ask the legions of unemployeed people that our current anministration is going to bat for. I will bet a lot of them had more than 17 years in.
I do not know what your health benefits are. But my are completeley covered by UPS as negogiated by the IBT. Ask management if thiers are covered or do they have to pay a partial ?
I am sure the American goverment would have gotten the hourerly pay scale they we enjoy at UPS. No the IBT did
Give me a break. UPS is a bussiness and like any publicly traded bussiness they answer to the stockholders.They will cut anywhere they can:jobs ,benefits,and wages.Without the IBT they would
Bullys I'll show you bullys. As a stewart I have see sups treat people like dirt.Telling them untruths and itimidating them, threatning their jobs because they don't move as fast as the numbers say they should.
I resent your "stick it to the company" comment. As a Union employee I have always given the company their just due for the hours I have worked and been paid for (even though they have shaved my time on occasion) And always when I represent an empolyee as his or her stewart I counsel them to do right by the company i.e.come to work, be on time, work as fast and as accuratley as they can,and to be respectful to thier sups and fellow employees.I am sure the majority of IBT members are this way and not trying to get over as you suggest.
I am sorry I cannot agree with your anti-union stance and can think of a lot more things to write but then I would be up all night.

Scooter1

17 years of being a leach, who's ass have you been licking. Who do you think has made UPS the best package delivery company? When we went on strike did you cross the picket line because you didn't care about anyone but yourself. There is always going to be a few bad apple who use the union more than others.

You should get a job at Fed Ex or at Walmart since you are so anti union. You are an embarassment to all the union brothers and sisters who fought for workers' rights before you even got hired at UPS.

If you die before I do, I would like to be your paul bearer. I carried you this far, I might as well carry you all the way.

Last edited:

Upsdriver88

Did they tell you to bring back stops, or did they tell you to finish them all but make 9.5?

Excellent point here. Put the choice back on the center team. As long as you communicate, they can not discipline you. Always grieve every warning letter as an "unfair warning letter", regardless of the circumstance. Let you B.A.'s sort it out with the center manager or in some cases the Labor Manager.

Upsdriver88

If you did a quality job you would never need to talk to the union. If you have a problem go talk to HR.

Maybe you should work for non-union wages and pay for your health, welfare, and pension, instead of having that worthless union negotiate it on your behalf. You probably complain about people living on government assistance, never even realizing that we are all a one stroke of bad luck from needing that help ourselves. Karma is bitch.