Won't let me drive Saturday Air??

Anthonysg0113

Management told me yesterday that I couldn't drive this Saurday because of have 40 or more hrs through the week of "seasonal driving". This means they get a lower seniority driver to do my air route. Can the company do this? This is bull!!

Johney

Correct me if I'm wrong but wouldn't you be making time and a half for over 40 or for a 6th report? Why would they want to do that if they can get someone cheaper?

1000RR

Pretty sure you can grieve and win this if a lower seniority driver is doing it over you. Unless you go over DOT regulations for hours.

Shifting Contents

Most Help Needed
Management told me yesterday that I couldn't drive this Saurday because because I got to work full time this week. This means they get a lower seniority driver to do my air route. Now I dont get to six punch and have more senior drivers file on me getting OT before them.Can the company do this? This is bull!!

Fixed it for you

Shifting Contents

Most Help Needed
Pretty sure you can grieve and win this if a lower seniority driver is doing it over you. Unless you go over DOT regulations for hours.

Pretty sure youre wrong. All our TCDs are also sat air drivers. If they work 40 during the week, no sat work for them. Management tries to slip them by us at the.begining of season every year. We file every year and win.

saintrick

Management told me yesterday that I couldn't drive this Saurday because of have 40 or more hrs through the week of "seasonal driving". This means they get a lower seniority driver to do my air route. Can the company do this? This is bull!!

Saturday work is first offered to those with 37 hours or less. Article 40 sec k(1).

upschuck

Is it your bid position? If yes grieve, if no, then they can use folks who have not got their days in, but overtime goes to highest seniority person.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
In a situation like this....

Any unionized company, has a right to pay straight time versus overtime.

And when competing for overtime.... seniority always prevails.

-Bug-

barnyard

KTM rider
Is it your bid position? If yes grieve, if no, then they can use folks who have not got their days in, but overtime goes to highest seniority person.

If it is the 6th punch, he/she can grieve it and will lose every single time if there are people who have only had 4 punches for the pay period. If all the TCD have had 5 punches, then Saturday work is offered to the highest senior person that has the hours available. We also grieve it once a season.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
What BUG said. I was a FT air driver for a few years, and if there are any FT package car drivers under 40 hours, they've got the right to the work no matter who has more seniority.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
If it is the 6th punch, he/she can grieve it and will lose every single time if there are people who have only had 4 punches for the pay period.

Yep.

The work, first goes to the scheduled classification....

Then offered or forced.... to those outside of the classification (who didn't get 5 reports or punches)

And at last.... offered in seniority order.

​-Bug-