Won't rehire

Wizzy

At peak one no show I tell management to not rehire! Tell helper first day how I depend on his help, that company thinks he just a warm body and if he does good job he can count on me pushing for him. After that it is up to them

browntroll

first time i have heard of a seasonal hire get praised. we have plenty of college ppl going into to the hub specially during peak,
most of the time they like to complain about how the company is running or its bs how they work is done like they can do better but
most struggle with a 40lb box.

BrownArmy

To the OP:

Welcome to the Brown Cafe.

Sorry about your son's status, but UPS giveth and UPS taketh away.

There may not be an actual reason that your son got the scarlet 'no-rehire' letter, or there might be a legit reason, but no one here will be able to tell you the difference.

In either case, there is little to no recourse.

I wish I had better news for you.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
He's just a driver helper, he wasn't helping build the space shuttle. Somewhere in between showing up for work on time and leaving work when the job was done, he didn't excel, that is if he did the first two things right, which in my experience, most don't.

BrownArmy

He's just a driver helper, he wasn't helping build the space shuttle. Somewhere in between showing up for work on time and leaving work when the job was done, he didn't excel, that is if he did the first two things right, which in my experience, most don't.

Right, but I've seen solid individuals passed over for morons.

(Begging the question, but maybe UPS prefers morons?)

My impression of the seasonal-to-casual-to-actually-hired progression is that it's not connected with reality.

BrownArmy

Right, but I've seen solid individuals passed over for morons.

UPSGUY72

Hopefully someone out there could shed some light on this issue.

My son worked for UPS during the holiday season (3 mos) seasonal work, and was constantly praised by his coworkers and supervisor. The seasonal position was over and he tried to get rehired, he was informed that there was some negative information in file, mind you he is fresh out of college and has only worked 2 jobs before this. I do not understand what negative information they have on him. They refused to let him know what it is, please advised.

Thank you

Most if not all places of employment will not tell applicants why they didn't get hired doing so would open them up to being sued. In your sons case he was probably told he is on the no rehire list for what is anyone guess. The only way you know that your son was constantly praised for his work is from what he told you. That might or might not be true it also could be true that he wasn't a good worker, he couldn't show up on time, missed a day or work, didn't get a long with other employees well and the list goes on. Your son knows the real answer ask him.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
What was good in your sons eyes, may not have been good enough with the eyes of the EMPIRE !! Tell him the UPS experience was good for him and take his college education and run with it !! This is a very loooong hard life here and he maybe better off else where ! Good luck to your son , and pay no attention to those who think you coddle him ! Most here are parents and would do anything for the kids !! Good luck to him !

upschuck

Tell him to contact the sup that he had. There is a small chance that is was put in incorrectly, and the sup is the one who can change it.

Wilson

One of our seasonal last peak. Believe it. Its nearly a spitting image.

smoking-old-lady11.jpg

The only positive things was when she wasn't chain smoking.