Won't rehire

working up a sweat

I have been PT for almost 10 years. I have seen them come and seen new hires who were retained go.

Work the night sort. The hours are not the best for the 25 and under crowd. Can't have much of a social life having to show up at midnight.

The older 40 and over people retained employees don't quit and stay for years because they have families and need the bennies. They also want to reach 5 years and get vested.

The younger crowd who are single, quit after less than 2 years about at a 90% rate. 11.00 an hour does'nt cut it for them.

The midnight sort in my hub is 80% over age 40.

Management knows this.

PT Car Washer

I have been PT for almost 10 years. I have seen them come and seen new hires who were retained go.

Work the night sort. The hours are not the best for the 25 and under crowd. Can't have much of a social life having to show up at midnight.

The older 40 and over people retained employees don't quit and stay for years because they have families and need the bennies. They also want to reach 5 years and get vested.

The younger crowd who are single, quit after less than 2 years about at a 90% rate. 11.00 an hour does'nt cut it for them.

The midnight sort in my hub is 80% over age 40.

Management knows this.
Over half of my building's Midnight sort are Art 22.3, Midnight/preload. Way past 40.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Tell him to contact the sup that he had. There is a small chance that is was put in incorrectly, and the sup is the one who can change it.
When you clear someone from timecards you have to go in manually and change them to a no rehire. It's autofilled for a Yes.
One of our seasonal last peak. Believe it. Its nearly a spitting image.
HR sent me a couple like that during peak last year. I called up the HR rep and asked where he finds these people. I think he did an info session at a bridge tournament.

clean hairy

When you clear someone from timecards you have to go in manually and change them to a no rehire. It's autofilled for a Yes.

HR sent me a couple like that during peak last year. I called up the HR rep and asked where he finds these people. I think he did an info session at a bridge tournament.
Or a Bingo Hall?

clean hairy

Hopefully someone out there could shed some light on this issue.

My son worked for UPS during the holiday season (3 mos) seasonal work, and was constantly praised by his coworkers and supervisor. The seasonal position was over and he tried to get rehired, he was informed that there was some negative information in file, mind you he is fresh out of college and has only worked 2 jobs before this. I do not understand what negative information they have on him. They refused to let him know what it is, please advised.

Thank you
At some point, he will have to figure things out for himself.
If UPS will not rehire, time to hit the employment commsion and streets to find employment, not waste time agonizing over UPS.

DonaldDucko

This is what UPS does. Search the internet, talk to ex employees. I have and from multiple states. I am in the same boat. I was praised the whole time working there, trained to do multiple jobs/fill in, even asked to go into management. Spent over 5 years with them and never even missed a day. To this day I am ineligible for rehire with NO explanation. No notes in the system or reason why. I even have a letter from the CEO thanking me for being so wonderful. It is just fake corporate praise and has helped feed my cynicism over the years. When asked they say talk to your ex supervisor. HE'S DEAD. This really doesn't matter to me except it has been 20 years. When you call them to this day they will say ineligible and give no reason. Who knows how this might have impacted hiring over the years. I find it amazing a bankruptcy comes off after 7, but UPS hold onto info - my social security number and personal info, for 20 years. Says a lot about the company and why I prefer FedEx and every chance I get recommend FedEX. Don't bother calling the union either, they could care. All they want are your dues.

GO FEDEX!

This is what UPS does. Search the internet, talk to ex employees. I have and from multiple states. I am in the same boat. I was praised the whole time working there, trained to do multiple jobs/fill in, even asked to go into management. Spent over 5 years with them and never even missed a day. To this day I am ineligible for rehire with NO explanation. No notes in the system or reason why. I even have a letter from the CEO thanking me for being so wonderful. It is just fake corporate praise and has helped feed my cynicism over the years. When asked they say talk to your ex supervisor. HE'S DEAD. This really doesn't matter to me except it has been 20 years. When you call them to this day they will say ineligible and give no reason. Who knows how this might have impacted hiring over the years. I find it amazing a bankruptcy comes off after 7, but UPS hold onto info - my social security number and personal info, for 20 years. Says a lot about the company and why I prefer FedEx and every chance I get recommend FedEX. Don't bother calling the union either, they could care. All they want are your dues.

GO FEDEX!
Tell us the truth.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

GO FEDEX!
ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1458776034.256868.jpg