"Work As Directed," they said...

Bottom rung

Are you talking about everyone's over allowed for the day?

Can't do that either. Can't post any of the numbers. It can be considered a form of harassment.
They do that here. B.A says it's okay, they can't highlight or circle the problem deivers' names. Harrasment ramped up for a few weeks after the B.A. was notified, and took the list to management. Must be a sad existence when all you do is harrass and ride along with deivers all day.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
They do that here. B.A says it's okay, they can't highlight or circle the problem deivers' names. Harrasment ramped up for a few weeks after the B.A. was notified, and took the list to management. Must be a sad existence when all you do is harrass and ride along with deivers all day.
Yeah depends on your BA. I just laugh at it all so whatever.

Guys finally quit coming up to me saying man did you see how far over you were?

Me: nope and don't care.

RolloTony Brown Town

I no longer make suggestions. I used to take the time to write down DOLs (complete with number breaks), where to permanently place bulk stops in my load (RDR, FL1, etc), what areas I should and shouldn't get NDAs for, and any other suggestions that (if implemented) would have made me a more efficient driver. But nooooo..... It was either thrown in the trash or half-assed. And I'd end up with things right back where they were, or worse, within days.

I finally decided I was through with these clowns. I'm not wasting anymore time trying to tell them to do their jobs. They obviously want us to fail.

I have a driver that sounds a lot like you. I've been their on car for only about 7 months. Others look at him like he's a bumhole. He does have a terrible attitude if you attempt to talk to him about anything, regardless of if discipline is involved. I see a guy that has high expectations of himself and those around him. He's been driving for 20+ years and he's been ignored and abused to the point where he don't give a bleep. I imagine a lot of you guys feel that way.

I always tell a guy that if I wouldn't follow it, then I won't enforce it because sometimes the Orion "solution" is ridiculous. That said, if their reasoning is more along the line of "I prefer to do it this way because it's the way I've always done it" or some other line then I wont buy it. Especially if I've been out with you or trained someone else on your route and I was able to follow it close.

I agree that Orion compliance isn't your problem and it's not a drivers job to update a DOL or to do management work. Orion's not going anywhere though. I fully encourage my group. Show me your route before you leave so I can fix it tomorrow. make suggestions about your route and in turn I can help the route be closer to what you would like to do. Help me help you. I'm just a stupavisor. You are the professional.

Bottom rung

I have a driver that sounds a lot like you. I've been their on car for only about 7 months. Others look at him like he's a bumhole. He does have a terrible attitude if you attempt to talk to him about anything, regardless of if discipline is involved. I see a guy that has high expectations of himself and those around him. He's been driving for 20+ years and he's been ignored and abused to the point where he don't give a bleep. I imagine a lot of you guys feel that way.

I always tell a guy that if I wouldn't follow it, then I won't enforce it because sometimes the Orion "solution" is ridiculous. That said, if their reasoning is more along the line of "I prefer to do it this way because it's the way I've always done it" or some other line then I wont buy it. Especially if I've been out with you or trained someone else on your route and I was able to follow it close.

I agree that Orion compliance isn't your problem and it's not a drivers job to update a DOL or to do management work. Orion's not going anywhere though. I fully encourage my group. Show me your route before you leave so I can fix it tomorrow. make suggestions about your route and in turn I can help the route be closer to what you would like to do. Help me help you. I'm just a stupavisor. You are the professional.
Some times the solution is ridiculous?...most times.
...because we have time to stand in line behind twenty five drivers that are complaining about their dol.
Nonsense.
A good on car knows the routes and knows what to fix. Problem is they're to busy reading reports and trying to fire drivers that work by the methods to worry about some whiners trace.
Or wether or not the driver hits a certain percentage.
Out of sight, out of mind. Unless you stand up for yourself, in which case they'll try as hard as they can to make everyday as hard for you as possible. ...wonder why nobody cares anymore...

wayfair

swollen member
My dispatcher told me ORION doesn't work on my route because of all the splits he puts on it....Never been talked to....
and they keep signing that check! Thanks UPS

El Correcto

god is dead
How long have you been in management? :laughing:

8 Hour Day

Another scary Union thread...you only think you are in charge..hey but have fun with it.
I'm not in charge, but then again, neither are you. The numbers are. If you're really in a power struggle with your driver's, your a maroon on your way to being yet another manager with a heart attack.

You can make a driver's life hell, that's true, but you should have already learned, that goes both ways.

8 Hour Day

Sounds to me like your route is getting better from orion.......before orion high of 185 and avg of 170 weekly.....with orion high of 150 with and avg of 144......and you haven't filed a 9.5 yet.....you may be able to get that route down to 130 stops.......orion sounds awesome from where I am sitting
I was saying essentially the same thing to another driver this afternoon. My problem was that trying to do a good job by MY standards. You know... safe, swift, efficient. That was my mistake.

What I am now doing is simply setting my work standards aside and being an idiot just like everyone on my management team!

Sadly, I'm guessing it's crap like this that nearly sank the US auto industry.