"Work As Directed," they said...

8 Hour Day

Traffic-jam.jpg

Nothing new, here... just another example of our slow slide to mediocrity.

We have a new center manager. He's a sweetheart of an imbecile.
I kinda feel sorry for him in the same way you might feel sorry for the guy who gets so drink he pees on himself without even knowing it.

My route was never properly set up for ORION. The old Manager knew this, so never insisted I follow it. This new guy has never driven and gas no clue what a logistical nightmare ORION can be when not properly set up.

He's learning.

Prior to him, it wasn't uncommon for me to have 185 on Wednesdays & close to 170 the rest of the week.

With him wetting his panties over trace compliance, I was ordered to RUN IT BY ORION AND WORK AS INSTRUCTED!

OK!

My high days are now no more than 150. I worked 10 hours one day this week, and had something like 144. I broke 9.5 four times, so he got hit with his second grievance from me on two weeks (the follow trace command started two weeks ago).

I originally hated ORION, but getting almost $50/hour to sit in traffic listening to music is a lot more enjoyable than actually working. ORION actually insists I leave the core of my route, sit in one if the most congested roads in the city at 5:30 pm to hit a tiny subdivision I normally hit on the way in and then backtrack to finish the 2nd half of the 1st subdivision I'm in every day.

(BTW, I originally uploaded a picture of the 5:30 traffic jam from my route, but thought better of it. The one included is from the innernetz.)

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
View attachment 81970

I kinda feel sorry for him in the same way you might feel sorry for the guy who gets so drink he pees on himself without even knowing it.

My route was never properly set up for ORION. The old Manager knew this, so never insisted I follow it. This new guy has never driven and gas no clue what a logistical nightmare ORION can be when not properly set up.

He's learning.

Prior to him, it wasn't uncommon for me to have 185 on Wednesdays & close to 170 the rest of the week.

With him wetting his panties over trace compliance, I was ordered to RUN IT BY ORION AND WORK AS INSTRUCTED!

OK!

My high days are now no more than 150. I worked 10 hours one day this week, and had something like 144. I broke 9.5 four times, so he got hit with his second grievance from me on two weeks (the follow trace command started two weeks ago).

I originally hated ORION, but getting almost $50/hour to sit in traffic listening to music is a lot more enjoyable than actually working. ORION actually insists I leave the core of my route, sit in one if the most congested roads in the city at 5:30 pm to hit a tiny subdivision I normally hit on the way in and then backtrack to finish the 2nd half of the 1st subdivision I'm in every day.

(BTW, I originally uploaded a picture of the 5:30 traffic jam from my route, but thought better of it. The one included is from the innernetz.)

White people problems.

barnyard

KTM rider
More and more, I am finding it easier to just shrug my shoulders and follow Orion. I am sick of fighting the man. It is so much easier to just shut my brain off and do it like it says.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
View attachment 81970

He's learning.

OK!

At least your wall of text had pictures to distract me....lol

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

More and more, I am finding it easier to just shrug my shoulders and follow Orion. I am sick of fighting the man. It is so much easier to just shut my brain off and do it like it says.

I have started to run any add/cuts that I get stop for stop, which has helped to boost my trace %.

It's not a battle worth fighting.

Overpaid Union Thug

View attachment 81970

He's learning.

OK!

I haven't followed ORION for over a year. Not for a whole day at least. The longest has been maybe an hour. My trace percentage is all over the place and my miles are all over the place too. Doing it my way is more efficient and requires less digging in the truck and all the other headaches that come with following ORION. If I'm ever told to hit a certain trace percentage or be under the ORION miles I can guarantee that they'll be begging me to go back to my way in a week. Probably less.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Per my request they started posting the trace numbers. I have been right around 90% for the week.

There is one veteran driver who has been "spoken to" every day for the past 2 weeks at the end of the PCM. He is running in the low 70's and they really want him to get closer to 85%. It will be interesting to see how this plays out.

Orion inc.

I like turtles
Per my request they started posting the trace numbers. I have been right around 90% for the week.

There is one veteran driver who has been "spoken to" every day for the past 2 weeks at the end of the PCM. He is running in the low 70's and they really want him to get closer to 85%. It will be interesting to see how this plays out.

There's nothing they can do. Nothing in the contract for discipline including termination by not meeting a trace number or metric. If he's following the methods, safe and no service issues, they don't have any leverage.

35years

Gravy route

You have been...

ORIONIZIED
giphy.gif

Attachments

• upload_2016-5-21_17-48-14.jpeg
    upload_2016-5-21_17-48-14.jpeg
    4.3 KB · Views: 206

Overpaid Union Thug

There's nothing they can do. Nothing in the contract for discipline including termination by not meeting a trace number or metric. If he's following the methods, safe and no service issues, they don't have any leverage.
The methods say that we are too reduce miles whenever possible. But....... also to avoid backing and yada yada yada. We are also being lectured about backing and back first exceptions.

What a cluster **ck.

8 Hour Day

I think it's hilarious how UPS is spinning ORION in the media. The last quarter was rather profitable, and they're convinced it's ORION.

Meanwhile, they seem to pretend to forget the fact that with so many drivers now not under 9.5 protection, they're putting 11 hour routes on 5 guys instead of 8.5s on 6. They're saving an entire route per every 6 under the current contract.

Technology won't be the big issue under the next contract... further eliminating 9.5 protections will be.

Orion inc.

I like turtles
Did you ever think that you would be scanning a barcode before delivering a package?

Not that it matters to me as I will be gone by then but the 2018-2023 NMA will have language addressing technology.
Yeah it'll have language addressing technology but I don't think it will be in ups's favor.

The one issue ups is forgetting is that it is becoming too dependent on technology and reports more than actually remembering its core business and reason for existence.

Overpaid Union Thug

I think it's hilarious how UPS is spinning ORION in the media. The last quarter was rather profitable, and they're convinced it's ORION.

Meanwhile, they seem to pretend to forget the fact that with so many drivers now not under 9.5 protection, they're putting 11 hour routes on 5 guys instead of 8.5s on 6. They're saving an entire route per every 6 under the current contract.

Technology won't be the big issue under the next contract... further eliminating 9.5 protections will be.

UPSers.com had an article about winning an award for ORION. I just laughed when I saw it. This company is so dishonest its disgusting. Being dishonest is the only way ORION could eve win an award. Unless there is an award for the biggest waste of money.