Work Related Cell Phone Use Poll

Should UPS drivers be allowed to use cell phones while doing their jobs?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
This thread could be answered so many different ways. I will use my phone to call the center, if it is to ask a question or if it is to my advantage. Luckily for me, coverage is spotty on my route for both my phone and the DIAD, and management knows that. That allows me to pretty much ignore messages until I feel like responding.

We have some pretty cool OMS's. One, I will call to vent just because she is just as jaded and cynical as I am. She once called me, and I asked where she got my number. She replied that it was on my rolodex card. I asked her to make a new card without it, and she did. I was also asked by an on-road for my number recently, and I explained that the only people who have it are family and friends.
You should have had the OMS put your center manager's number in place of yours. That would have been fun to see.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
UPS gives me a good discount on my Sprint bill so if I do need to use my phone for business then I'd use it.

SAYING THAT, If I'm told to call and I'm in a pissed-off mood because of them, MY PHONE is turned off and I tell them (battery died, left home, bad service area). Thats when I force a conversation on the diad !

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
UPS gives me a good discount on my Sprint bill so if I do need to use my phone for business then I'd use it.

SAYING THAT, If I'm told to call and I'm in a pissed-off mood because of them, MY PHONE is turned off and I tell them (battery died, left home, bad service area). Thats when I force a conversation on the diad !
Spriny gives YOU the discount, noy UPS. You get it because you wear brown, but not from brown.

This thing about people having to be in the mood, is quite funny. I hope that not everything you all do, depends on the blowing of the wind.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS

+1 Heff +1

PS, how are you doing? :happy-very:

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Spriny gives YOU the discount, noy UPS. You get it because you wear brown, but not from brown.

This thing about people having to be in the mood, is quite funny. I hope that not everything you all do, depends on the blowing of the wind.

What are ya doin Stephen, TUI? LMAO:happy-very:

Shifting Contents

Most Help Needed
I had a NDA for a condo on my old seasonal route. I went to the front door and buzzed the unit. No one answered. I figured it might be important so I walked around the building and left the info notice on the the door that the residents use to get into the building from the garage. I figured they would see it early rather than wonder where their NDA was at 4pm. So on my merry way I went when I get a message about 2 hours later. "Customer states you did not go to front door and you did not call manager as asked. You need to go back" I write back. "Try again skippy/I put it on the garage door after ringing at the front door/Residents don't go in the front door do they" I sent another message (they sure do fill up quickly) "Will reattempt in trace eta 3 hours"

So long story short (too late), when I get to the condo the manager starts ripping into me about how his number is posted on the door. Right as the words "I don't have a cell phone" finish coming out of my mouth my cell phone rings in my pocket and I quickly finish the sentance with "that ups pays for me to use for business" and i high tailed it out of there.

jimstud

Banned
bottom line is if ups wanted or needed us to use cell phones to do our job they would or should provide them for us. i hear alot of you out there talking about the methods could one of you tell me which method calls for the use of a cell phone ?

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
What are ya doin Stephen, TUI? LMAO:happy-very:
LOL, I type with 2 fingers, so one of them must have been tired.:happy-very:

bottom line is if ups wanted or needed us to use cell phones to do our job they would or should provide them for us. i hear alot of you out there talking about the methods could one of you tell me which method calls for the use of a cell phone ?
Here's the answer.....Speaking for Upstate, Hurumph Hurumph, Customer service, my good man, they call that method, customer service.

Uh oh, I sense some ruffled feathers.

IMG_3837%20%20Eagle%205.jpg

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Steve, you asked earlier if I also neg repped Over and the answer is no. I respect Paul for what he offers here, his ability to give and take, and the manner in which he keeps me in line. Court jesters are meant to entertain but rarely earn the respect of their audience.

Anyone unsure of what I meant need only look at the preceding post for clarification.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Steve, you asked earlier if I also neg repped Over and the answer is no. I respect Paul for what he offers here, his ability to give and take, and the manner in which he keeps me in line. Court jesters are meant to entertain but rarely earn the respect of their audience.

Anyone unsure of what I meant need only look at the preceding post for clarification.
First off, it's no big deal, Dave. You can neg rep all you want because what does it mean anyways? You claim my posts are really non-substantive, which is fine and dandy, and I guess your way of trying to needle me. If my posts are neither here nor there to you, why would you even read them or feel bad enough to neg rep me for what I say, if it has no meaning to you?

I don't get it. You say my posts are meaningless (lite), yet they offend you? I do not understand.

As for the pre-preceeding post. I thought that it was funny, the way I came off in how I perceive your voice. Isn't that how grumpy old men sound?:happy-very:

rod

Retired 22 years
How a grumpy old man sounds--------BEWARE of LANGUAGE
[video=youtube;7sRFuELRY9M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7sRFuELRY9M[/video]