Worker in Ohio Background Check

eek88dj

I had a background check done I had the interview done and orientation date set also. I get my background check back in the mail said, FedEx Supply Chain may be unable to extend offer of employment to me. I had a misdemeanor 26 years ago was theft. probation I served 6 months that was the only thing I did. My record is clean since then like I 26 years ago that happen. Will that stop me from employment? The letter I got says my be unable? Fedx logistics warehouse
Thanks

Ohio

Future

Victory Ride
I had a background check done I had the interview done and orientation date set also. I get my background check back in the mail said, FedEx Supply Chain may be unable to extend offer of employment to me. I had a misdemeanor 26 years ago was theft. probation I served 6 months that was the only thing I did. My record is clean since then like I 26 years ago that happen. Will that stop me from employment? The letter I got says my be unable? Fedx logistics warehouse
Thanks

Ohio
What did you steal?

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
Thanks

Ohio

depends what you stole

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Thanks

Ohio
No one here can answer that as no one is from FedEx Logistics. You’ll just have to wait and see.

eek88dj

Thank you it was a misdemeanor 26 years ago. Theft had probation paid my fine. Learn my lesson. It been good ever since I was young and dumb.

eek88dj

What does this mean to FedEx employees out there? I dont understand what saying I got the job or not. 26 years ago I had a misdemeanor nothing since then.
Thanks

Attachments

• 20191109_184102.jpg
    20191109_184102.jpg
    202.6 KB · Views: 256

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
What does this mean to FedEx employees out there? I dont understand what saying I got the job or not. 26 years ago I had a misdemeanor nothing since then.
Thanks
This is the second post for the same subject. Did the other thread not generate enough responses or not give you the answer you were looking for?

MassWineGuy

Look at it this way: If you were a customer entrusting valuable freight to FedEx, would you feel good if someone with a record of theft was handling your stuff?

I get that it was 26 years ago. But trust and service are all we sell. Who would you hire? Someone who has never been charged with a crime or someone who has a theft on their record? I can’t see a manager putting their neck on the line by hiring you.

Best of luck.

scooby0048

Thank you it was a misdemeanor 26 years ago. Theft had probation paid my fine. Learn my lesson. It been good ever since I was young and dumb.

Look at it this way: If you were a customer entrusting valuable freight to FedEx, would you feel good if someone with a record of theft was handling your stuff?

I get that it was 26 years ago. But trust and service are all we sell. Who would you hire? Someone who has never been charged with a crime or someone who has a theft on their record? I can’t see a manager putting their neck on the line by hiring you.

Best of luck.

I find it implausible. There's got to be more to it than the OP is letting on. When I was 18, I got arrested for theft. My friend and I stole $11 worth of gas from a convenience store and drove off.

Since that time, I have passed, and been hired, by three different state and city law enforcement agencies and passed two Federal background checks of which, one was DEA and the other was Border Patrol, when it was was under the jurisdiction of the Department of Justice.

There is no way FedX is more stringent than the Federal Government or state and local law enforcement agencies when it comes to the hiring standards of people with a criminal record.

vantexan

I find it implausible. There's got to be more to it than the OP is letting on. When I was 18, I got arrested for theft. My friend and I stole $11 worth of gas from a convenience store and drove off.

Since that time, I have passed, and been hired, by three different state and city law enforcement agencies and passed two Federal background checks of which, one was DEA and the other was Border Patrol, when it was was under the jurisdiction of the Department of Justice.

There is no way FedX is more stringent than the Federal Government or state and local law enforcement agencies when it comes to the hiring standards of people with a criminal record.
If that was your only crime and you're willing to be shot at I doubt they would quibble too much about it.

scooby0048

If that was your only crime and you're willing to be shot at I doubt they would quibble too much about it.
Touche, but the OP would be delivering shower curtain rods and rubber sandals, not having responsibility for restricted sensitive information, handling large quantities of drugs, or processing large amounts of money either.