Workers comp question

upser1978

How long does UPS have to pay for your medical benefits when you are on workers comp? I’m having issues with Teamcare.. they keep inactivating my benefits.

upschuck

Sounds like the problem is with ups, and them not paying.

As for how long, I think as long as you're on WC, they should be paying. Dont really know, however.

rod

Retired 22 years
Sounds like the problem is with ups, and them not paying.

As for how long, I think as long as you're on WC, they should be paying. Dont really know, however.
For some reason I remember UPS paying for them for a year and Teamsters picking up another year (or visa versa). After 2 years you were on your own unless it was due to your Comp. claim. I really don't know -- most I was ever off was one time for 2 and a half months when I screwed up my back.

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
How long does UPS have to pay for your medical benefits when you are on workers comp? I’m having issues with Teamcare.. they keep inactivating my benefits.
Start a paper trail....make a complaint on My HR. Call your center, ask your supervisor what’s up. Ask the local for help, that’s what they’re there for. If none of this gets you anywhere time to get a lawyer.

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
Start a paper trail....make a complaint on My HR. Call your center, ask your supervisor what’s up. Ask the local for help, that’s what they’re there for. If none of this gets you anywhere time to get a lawyer.
Or if you really want peace of mind and don’t mind giving up a piece of your pie, just call a lawyer now, they’ll handle everything

SandSpida

For some reason I remember UPS paying for them for a year and Teamsters picking up another year (or visa versa). After 2 years you were on your own unless it was due to your Comp. claim. I really don't know -- most I was ever off was one time for 2 and a half months when I screwed up my back.
It varies upon your supplement but like Rod said, it’s ups pays first year and union pays second. After 2nd year insurance is offered through ups but you pay for it. In some parts of the country it’s ups for the first year and then your on your own.

a911scanner

Not exactly sure about length of time.

To avoid being "shut off", when I was out on comp for about 6 months, I just had to notify my Union hall when I went out & when I came back.

Everything was smooth after I did that.