workers comp retaliation?

Mr.Blonde

Only way outs inna box
My goal is to become a driver and I've only been on the pre load for over a year. I had an over weight hit me in my back and its been almost a month and its still dorked. Has anyone heard or had a sort of punishment for collecting wc?

BrownBrokeDown

My goal is to become a driver and I've only been on the pre load for over a year. I had an over weight hit me in my back and its been almost a month and its still dorked. Has anyone heard or had a sort of punishment for collecting wc?
Punishment or retaliation is against the law. Don't give them a reason to punish you, so that when they do you can file a harassment/retaliation grievance, or sue, or etc.

Drink Craft Beer

Surprised they're not making you come in and do some sort of work instead of sitting at home.

Drivers and pre-loaders with hernia's, (no lifting anything per doctor's order's) sprained ankle, (in walking boot) strained back etc..etc... have been made to come in and work the pre-load whether it be scanning packages on a moving belt or scanning smalls from forever bags.

Sup pulls forever bags off belt and dumps them throughout the shift into big tote set up beside them so they can scan smalls.

So you have 3 total flows coming up 2 belts to the sort (sometimes 4 when Dcap person is putting address corrections or doing forever bags) and they wonder why the sort is so :censored2:ty and why so many send again's during the shift.

Mr.Blonde

Only way outs inna box
Surprised they're not making you come in and do some sort of work instead of sitting at home.

Drivers and pre-loaders with hernia's, (no lifting anything per doctor's order's) sprained ankle, (in walking boot) strained back etc..etc... have been made to come in and work the pre-load whether it be scanning packages on a moving belt or scanning smalls from forever bags.

Sup pulls forever bags off belt and dumps them throughout the shift into big tote set up beside them so they can scan smalls.

So you have 3 total flows coming up 2 belts to the sort (sometimes 4 when Dcap person is putting address corrections or doing forever bags) and they wonder why the sort is so :censored2:ty and why so many send again's during the shift.

Nah im still working the unload. I just dont want to go out this early in the game. Dont want wc to reflect on my work ethic. Ya the center manager wanted me to go see a doc. If I wasnt feelin better by the end of the week. Theres numerous reasons why the sort is sh! ty. Numbers being at the top.

Drink Craft Beer

Ahhh I see.

Thread title made it sound as if you were off work. collecting WC and that possibly being held against you in the future by the company.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

I'd say that's a slam dunk sups working grievance.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
Milk it out brother!
Saw a Dairyman's delivery driver hauling in gallons and gallons of milk today. It was 95 degrees and super humid, he was sweating so bad, all I could think of was this...
image.jpg

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
I know my view isn't shared by some in management, but if you're really hurting, who gives a smile* what they think. You have life outside of UPS. Don't let them hurt you more just because you're afraid of looks.

Mr.Blonde

Only way outs inna box
I know my view isn't shared by some in management, but if you're really hurting, who gives a smile* what they think. You have life outside of UPS. Don't let them hurt you more just because you're afraid of looks.

You're not wrong. I just wanted to see if anyone went this route and the aftermath on the inside.