workers comp retaliation?

DOK

You're not wrong. I just wanted to see if anyone went this route and the aftermath on the inside.

Stuff happens, if you're hurt you'll get comp or taw, don't think they'd hold it against you. Document it all, it's against the law for an employer to hold it against you.

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
Nah im still working the unload. I just dont want to go out this early in the game. Dont want wc to reflect on my work ethic. Ya the center manager wanted me to go see a doc. If I wasnt feelin better by the end of the week. Theres numerous reasons why the sort is sh! ty. Numbers being at the top.

Don't be a hero. If you're hurt, work ethic is a big N/A. Don't jack around with injuries. There's a reason why they say report any and all injuries immediately. Cover your ass. But waiting two months? If that is true, and you still haven't gone to a doctor, get your head examined along with your back, if you DO ever go.

Here is your future schematic for injuries: get injured--go see the doctor, IMMEDIATELY.

Afterwards, no matter who was at fault, and almost every injury will be your fault, according to UPS, fill out paperwork, talk to Liberty Mutual, however they do it where you're at. They'll make you feel guilty; they'll say you ruined their injury plan; they'll say you cost us this much, or that much; they might even tell other loaders that this months, or quarters BBQ is cancelled because you had to go see the doctor.

The important thing, is all of this is AFTER, you have seen the doctor. Nothing is going to jeopardize your job because of it. You probably will have to do a bunch of safety rigmarole. That's okay. Hell, maybe you need it.

A lot of good union people feel different ways about this, but IMO, follow UPS's safety rules as closely as possible. Most of it makes good sense, particularly on the driving side of this company. But the bottom line for me, is I want to leave this place the way I came in. And barring a failure of equipment, I'm the one who is keeping me safe. I know with age, our bodies get weaker, and my body could let me down, but I'm doing everything I can to prevent it. If you get injured at work, UPS is going to feel it too, but not nearly as much as you will. Act accordingly.