working christmas eve?

ja4079

ja4079
never in my 27 yrs have I worked on a Sat or Sun, Christmas or not, we've had other Christmas holidays that have fallen on Sat or Sun and never had to work before, as far as I know onone at the center has either

Braveheart

Why should management do it like they used to? Don't they have families like you? You think they want to work a Sunday or Christmas Eve any more than you? You act like your time off is more important than anyone else. It's not. It's the same.
Get a clue.
Well well well, when your family time is interupted your panties go into a bunch. NOBODY SHOULD WORK XMAS EVE PAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I figure since there is the ability to advance freight there should be no reason to work XMAS EVE at all. The customers either get it out on time or it is there problem not ours. And as for why managers should work it before us. 1 We do it all year, you should try it for a change. 2 We work mandatory overtime ALL YEAR 7, 8, 9, 10, and even 11 pm and that is not even during peak clueless! 3 Managers get the automatic 1/2 months bonus at peak we get the OT we work. 4 Managers get 401K matching funds and we do not. 5 Managers get big stock bonuses and we do not! And good for you but now it is time to earn it and show the workers you appreciate what we do all year by browning up for one day! 6 Managers go home at 5pm 3-5 days a week while drivers never do and average finish is 7-8pm! 7 Managers get to leave early, come in late, work 1/2 days, take long lunches, unlimited phone calls, etc once in a while when needed for their family needs and emergencies while the drivers are not allowed the same flexible family time! We are not allowed to talk on phone when driving even with blue tooth! I would gladly work XMAS EVE if I were in management instead of the workers to show my appreciation for the ones doing it 5 days a week 12 months a year in the rain, snow, 100 degree heat, it would be the least you could do. Oh thats right your family is more important than mine, hell the don't see me all year, whats one more day right!

Braveheart

Braveheart, kind of ironic, that in a post you made a little while ago, you suggested 'nitpicking' back at the company and filing grievance for supvs working. Now in this post, you are saying the supvs should do bargaining unit work. Also, I don't want to preach to anyone, but using a shortcut for Christmas as done above "X" does demean the holiday and the reason why we celebrate. I doubt we will work on Sunday (Christmas Eve) this year, but we will all be out on Saturday. This peak in my opinion will be even harder then last year. Hopefully the planning goes well, and HR can hire enough Peak drivers and helpers.
Did not mean to demean anything. It is Christmas Eve. And as for the sups doing our work. If a driver wants to work that day great. But it should be on a volunteer basis only. And since I do not believe in nitpicking I will gladly allow sups to work one day each year. It is going to be a long peak. Our managers messed up so bad last year we had countless helpers quit, a few seasonal drivers quit, and one 5 year full timer who was going to stick it out till the following Spring bot Center manager such a jackass he quit in the middle of peak right at start time too. Manager looked like he had a pant load!

Braveheart

Was????
I didn't die overnight. Learn english. It will help you in this country.
I did not imply that you are permanently that way, only for that comment. Everybody can be that way from time to time. I was only commenting on the one incident. A person should not be permanently judged by one comment. I was born and raised in this great country big guy. You are the one who implied that you passed away not me.