Working Christmas

Faceplanted

Been the system for at Least a few thousand years. Get over it.
No it hasn't. We are the first generation of workers who are facing working thanksgiving night and Christmas morning. Probably the last 2 days of the year people should spend time with their family

Washing machines used to last 20 years, tvs too, everything now has planned obsolence designed into it to cause items to fail and force us to buy newer better items, the media is also brainwashing us.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
No it hasn't. We are the first generation of workers who are facing working thanksgiving night and Christmas morning. Probably the last 2 days of the year people should spend time with their family

Washing machines used to last 20 years, tvs too, everything now has planned obsolence designed into it to cause items to fail and force us to buy newer better items, the media is also brainwashing us.
Maybe you should rethink having to use a holiday as an excuse to spend time with family.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
Washing machines used to last 20 years, tvs too, everything now has planned obsolence designed into it to cause items to fail and force us to buy newer better items,
New cars are the worst at this. I feel like they're designed from the ground up to be sh*.

Brownslave688

Cars last far longer than they ever did before....

Faceplanted

Cars last far longer than they ever did before....
Please. Mercedes is a prime example. The 1980s Benzs were amazingly solid. Tons of them still running with half a million miles in 3rd world countries. Buy a new Benz and see how long it will be before its in the shop. They are designed to break. Mercedes was not making money on service work their golden days of great engineering. This is just one example.

Brownslave688

Please. Mercedes is a prime example. The 1980s Benzs were amazingly solid. Tons of them still running with half a million miles in 3rd world countries. Buy a new Benz and see how long it will be before its in the shop. They are designed to break. Mercedes was not making money on service work their golden days of great engineering. This is just one example.
Those cars with 500,000 miles have had plenty of work done to them.

In the USA we would just replace
Them than put the money needed to fix them

Brownslave688

Powertrains are better, but overall they really are intended to be throwaway lease vehicles.
Any suspension part is a wear part. It needs to be replaced every 75,000 miles or so. Interiors hold up much better than they did anytime before the mid 90's.

Sure there is way more electronics and lots of little bs that goes wrong but overall cars are more reliable and last longer than they ever have before.

Faceplanted

Those cars with 500,000 miles have had plenty of work done to them.

In the USA we would just replace
Them than put the money needed to fix them
Curious if you have any knowledge of mechanics and how stuff works. I have been educated quite a bit formally and informally.

Newer cars are more complex, more sensors, more expensive things to go wrong. It's now to the point where after 5 years, things start to break and it's more cost effective to just get a new car. But hey what do I know

Look on Craigslist for 80s diesel Benz, old Hondas and old Toyota, they are still tons of money because they are from a day of over engineering and thinking for the long run.

sailfish

Any suspension part is a wear part. It needs to be replaced every 75,000 miles or so. Interiors hold up much better than they did anytime before the mid 90's.

Sure there is way more electronics and lots of little bs that goes wrong but overall cars are more reliable and last longer than they ever have before.
Did you know the parts on a new car are designed only to outlast the warranty? Even when you buy new OEM parts you will never get the same part again. Engineered sh*.

sailfish

That means you never owned a car built in the 60's 70's or 80's. New cars will run 100k with just changing the oil. New cars have never been more reliable.
I won't disagree they're reliable, though only as long as they were designed to be.