Working Christmas

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Referencing an article from 2010 doesn't really support your argument.

Besides that, the cars mentioned in that article are pretty much not mainstream now, if even then. A 1960 something Plymouth Valiant? Just try to find parts for that now.
I would say there was probably a sweet spot from the mid 80's to mid 90's when cars were very reliable yet hadn't become overly complicated.

10 point

You can call in but if they tell you to work that day and you just don't show it's a no call no show.
When you punch out Thurs night tell them that you'll be out of service for Friday, Dec. 25th and you'll be back in service on Monday, Dec 28th.

That is all you have to say.

ChrisTheBrown

You're already punched out? No wonder you all work Xmas day.
Actually, I was punched out by 16:45
today...& that was mainly because they made us all drive on Saturday. & THEN they made us all use helpers, on a very light day, which was a joke. I had 115 total stops today. Easiest peak day ever.

turbostixxx

Brown Santa
Please. Mercedes is a prime example. The 1980s Benzs were amazingly solid. Tons of them still running with half a million miles in 3rd world countries. Buy a new Benz and see how long it will be before its in the shop. They are designed to break. Mercedes was not making money on service work their golden days of great engineering. This is just one example.
That would be diesel Benzs, and they run that long in the newer generations, but both require a ton of maintenance.

Rainman

Its all good.
We had the volunteer list put up today. I won't be there unless forced, and I'm too high in seniority to worry about that. Maybe Saturday, maybe not.

Ghost in the Darkness

What is the issue with the air... is there such a significant increase over last year? I seem to remember it being a heavy day but the last wave of air came by 1430-1500 or so.

Faceplanted

the 5 cyl Benz 617 diesel is called the best most reliable mass produced engine of all time. Anybody who knows cars know this as a fact. Don't even attempt to compare any modern Benz motor to the old 5cyl. The old Cummings pre crazy emissions Rams are in the same category. Those trucks are still going for 20k+ all day because.... "They don't make em like they used to"

Back on topic . Christmas... No

werenotthepostoffice

deep down inside I really do not care
Why the hell would anyone have to be driving Christmas Day? Yeah, let's ruin it for us so everyone else can have theirs. It's their fault for procrastinating so long in the first place so friend* 'em.
No way in hello-kitty should the wheels on brown go round on Christmas Day. I don't care if the CEO of Amazon said UPS is the sole reason your packages are late.

If UPS wants to run packages on Christmas Day,management should be forced to do ALL OF THE WORK. And I would file on Monday for supervisors working.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
the 5 cyl Benz 617 diesel is called the best most reliable mass produced engine of all time. Anybody who knows cars know this as a fact. Don't even attempt to compare any modern Benz motor to the old 5cyl. The old Cummings pre crazy emissions Rams are in the same category. Those trucks are still going for 20k+ all day because.... "They don't make em like they used to"

I would certainly hope they run for 20k+.

Maybe you should either pay attention to modern technology or go back to getting high and working on your race car.

clean hairy

I think the old Toyota R-22 engine would be right there as well....