Working Off The Clock/Awful management (vent)

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
Yeah, it's possible that I missed the point. But the bigger point is if you work off the clock, even for 5 minutes like you do, you are a gullible people. Tell UPS that you moved a few things around, off the clock, and you want them to add it to your payc...

Ahh, never mind. There is no cure for stupidity.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Great another one who has the sense of humor as N/-\ncy.
negnan.jpg

oldstagg

I work in a large hub and in a very busy "go go go" area of the Hub, due to the constant workload & understaffing (sending people home at the beginning of every shift) a few people come in early and work off the clock to "clean up" prior to the start of our shift. These same people get spoken to for being a minute or two late returning from break. I just don't understand why anyone would volunteer their time to such an ungrateful company that doesn't appreciate their staff. Not to mention I am pretty sure it's against policy. We get treated like grade school children most of the time, ya, our management team is awful and it gets more and more discouraging every day. A good day's work, for a good day's pay, yet management tries to scare us with their number's game, causing so much anxiety and panic that people get stressed out and have nightmares about their job's at UPS. It's just not worth it, I try to keep a cool head but when I bust my balls and get looked at like I am not doing good enough & if I only came in early to clean up what another shift couldn't finish my numbers would sky rocket. :censored2:

I went through in a clinical sort of way to identify key words in your discourse. I particularly enjoyed the anatomical reference to head and balls in the same sentence. I highlighted some buzz words and phrases to identify your thoughts and attitude. My question then is do you feel your mentally stable enough to work at UPS and second why would you possibly work at such a horrible place?

A

anonymous6

a fellow driver who has the exact same feeder run as I was complaining about not making enough money . he has the same start time as me but starts about 20 minutes before. drives 60 in the 55. takes a 10 min. TA to switch trailers and generally works about an hour or more less than I everyday.

he wants to look good in the eyes of management .( another driver told me that.

in the words of Ron White ..."You cant fix stupid"\."

BUCN85

What about pre loaders? Does anybody come in 5 mins early to set your totes up and prepare your area? So I'm asking does your area need to be ready for start time. Or so you begin to get your area ready AT start time

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

What about pre loaders? Does anybody come in 5 mins early to set your totes up and prepare your area? So I'm asking does your area need to be ready for start time. Or so you begin to get your area ready AT start time

This is why some centers have staggered start times----the unload usually starts 5 minutes before the preload. This allows the preloaders to get what they need to start their day.

PT Car Washer

And PT sups. Our Preload manager is one of the worst. When he was Twilight manager he would make his PT sups stay late on Friday nights just because he could.

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
a fellow driver who has the exact same feeder run as I was complaining about not making enough money . he has the same start time as me but starts about 20 minutes before. drives 60 in the 55. takes a 10 min. TA to switch trailers and generally works about an hour or more less than I everyday.

he wants to look good in the eyes of management .( another driver told me that.

in the words of Ron White ..."You cant fix stupid"\."

Yeah, we have a bunch of those idiots here too. Always have excuses when you talk to them.

Squint

No more work for me!
This is why some centers have staggered start times----the unload usually starts 5 minutes before the preload. This allows the preloaders to get what they need to start their day.

Staggered starts also is implemented because it takes time for the packages to get to the centers furthest away from the unload.

Fedex Guy

I work in a large hub and in a very busy "go go go" area of the Hub, due to the constant workload & understaffing (sending people home at the beginning of every shift) a few people come in early and work off the clock to "clean up" prior to the start of our shift. These same people get spoken to for being a minute or two late returning from break. I just don't understand why anyone would volunteer their time to such an ungrateful company that doesn't appreciate their staff. Not to mention I am pretty sure it's against policy. We get treated like grade school children most of the time, ya, our management team is awful and it gets more and more discouraging every day. A good day's work, for a good day's pay, yet management tries to scare us with their number's game, causing so much anxiety and panic that people get stressed out and have nightmares about their job's at UPS. It's just not worth it, I try to keep a cool head but when I bust my balls and get looked at like I am not doing good enough & if I only came in early to clean up what another shift couldn't finish my numbers would sky rocket. :censored2:

It's not the place to work if your looking for a compliment or a attaboy for your hard work.....you won't get it.