Working Saturday Air

undies

I just found out that with the new contract, our cover drivers can no longer work doing saturday air if they have 40 hours of package work during the week. The empty spots are now up for bid based on seniority and I get to work a few extra hours doing some of the easiest delivery work EVER. Making $55/hour to deliver some air will be icing on my paycheck.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

It has always been common practice in my center to let those cover drivers who didn't get their 40 hours during the week drive on Saturday. If everyone worked during the week, Saturday work was given in seniority order.

PT Car Washer

Saturday Air is for PTers first and then Art 22.3 air drivers and then FT who didn't get there 40 in during the week. Then by seniority to all FT drivers. I am getting ready to head in now. Easiest money I know how to make. Except for running misloads during the week and making top driver rate.

BigBeef42

Saturday Air is for PTers first and then Art 22.3 air drivers and then FT who didn't get there 40 in during the week. Then by seniority to all FT drivers. I am getting ready to head in now. Easiest money I know how to make. Except for running misloads during the week and making top driver rate.

Hell yesss! It's so nice to join the PC club. I can't wait to cover vacations this summer. MO money , MO money, MO. Lmfao

Sent using BrownCafe App

PT Car Washer

You have a Saturday driver who does pickups only?
We have one driver that does deliveries in the morning and pickups in the afternoon. Goes by seniority. Normally about a 9 hour day depending on how long of a lunch you take. I will do pickups in the winter or when the weather is crappy but summer is here now and we have a new guy that needs the money.

Mr Shifter

Saturday air pick up driver is eaasy. Show up at 1 drive a pre determined route and pick up 1 and 2 day air only from The UPS stores then shuttle the air from the outlining centers and bring it back to the hub. Usually top seniority hub part timers who only drive on Saturday have enough seniority for that route.

upsman68

Saturday air goes to pt first then TCD's. If the TCD's has a sixth punch on Saturday then work has to be offered to ft by seniority.

I usually do it. It's the easiest 3 OT hours of the week.

Sent using BrownCafe App

PT Car Washer

Saturday air goes to pt first then TCD's. If the TCD's has a sixth punch on Saturday then work has to be offered to ft by seniority.

I usually do it. It's the easiest 3 OT hours of the week.

Sent using BrownCafe App
In my building it is PT first and then Art 22.3 air drivers, and then FT.

PT Car Washer

You are assuming there are extra qualified PT air drivers available. Otherwise they can force from the bottom FT driver list. Never seen this as a problem. Always a few drivers that love the extra OT.