Workman's comp questions

jaxsongil

Had lumbar fusion surgery of L5, S1 and am currently in work conditioning. Was doing pretty good until this point, but pain has increased and has me worried. I am a female and lack approximately 2 years towards my full pension. What are the lifting requirements to return to work? I know they are different than for a man (should be the same), and I don't know if I can make it.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Had lumbar fusion surgery of L5, S1 and am currently in work conditioning. Was doing pretty good until this point, but pain has increased and has me worried. I am a female and lack approximately 2 years towards my full pension. What are the lifting requirements to return to work? I know they are different than for a man (should be the same), and I don't know if I can make it.
Are you on comp? Ask the Workman comp doctor, otherwise, you’re gonna get a buncha wise ass answers.

Tired Driver

Sisyphus had it easy.
If you went to Physical Therapy, you will have to complete a FCA ( Functional Capacity Assessment). The therapist will use a form from UPS that you will have to be able to complete in order to return to your driving position. I needed that surgery for my L5/L4 but did not have it done because my pain management Doctor said I would blow out my disk above it from the added strain to that disc.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
I am on WC and will ask my doctor. Just thought someone might know the answer and don't know why I would get wise ass answers, unless a bunch of ass holes replied.
Well, I’m just telling you, the same 40 people answer questions on here. I know most of them. They are wise

Assed.

jaxsongil

If you went to Physical Therapy, you will have to complete a FCA ( Functional Capacity Assessment). The therapist will use a form from UPS that you will have to be able to complete in order to return to your driving position. I needed that surgery for my L5/L4 but did not have it done because my pain management Doctor said I would blow out my disk above it from the added strain to that disc.
Thanks! Are you still driving? I have heard that it puts more strain on the above and below discs. My surgeon thinks I can make it back. This is my second surgery in the same area. Had surgery in 2001.

Turdferguson

Just a turd
Well, I’m just telling you, the same 40 people answer questions on here. I know most of them. They are wise

Assed.
1314630642519.gif

Tired Driver

Sisyphus had it easy.
Thanks! Are you still driving? I have heard that it puts more strain on the above and below discs. My surgeon thinks I can make it back. This is my second surgery in the same area. Had surgery in 2001.

Happened 15 years ago and still driving. Not in much pain when working by using correct movements and always moving, sitting or standing. In a lot of pain off of work when I am sitting for too long (anything over 1 hour), standing for too long in one position ( anything over 30 minutes), or working with out sitting down (anything over 4 hours). On car trips I have to stop and walk around every hour. 1 to 5 years left in my sentence to UPS.

F

Frankie's Friend

Are you sure it's different than a man's requirement (unless youre pregnant lol)? :weightlifter:

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star

Purely out of curiosity, are you super careful to always lift with your legs?