Workman's comp questions

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Had lumbar fusion surgery of L5, S1 and am currently in work conditioning. Was doing pretty good until this point, but pain has increased and has me worried. I am a female and lack approximately 2 years towards my full pension. What are the lifting requirements to return to work? I know they are different than for a man (should be the same), and I don't know if I can make it.

The lifting requirements are the same, male or female.

A package care driver is required to lift up to 70 lbs. Your work conditioning should take your job into account.

They should have you lifting boxes up to 70 lbs toward the end of your conditioning to get you ready to return to work.

Your pension contributions should continue while you're on Comp, so take your time. If you cannot make it back as a driver, there should be other options for you to get the last 2 years in for your pension.

Good luck.

UPS is accepting applications for Package Delivery Drivers. This is a physical, fast-paced, outdoor position that involves continual lifting, lowering and carrying packages that typically weigh 25 - 35 lbs. and may weigh up to 70 lbs. A DOT physical exam is required. Package Delivery Drivers must have excellent customer contact and driving skills. Some UPS facilities may require the ability to drive a delivery vehicle with a standard (manual) transmission. Qualified applicants must have a valid driver’s license issued in the state that they live. Package Delivery Drivers are expected to comply with UPS appearance guidelines and wear the company-provided uniform.

Full-time UPS employees work eight or more hours per day and workdays can vary (Monday - Friday) or (Tuesday - Saturday) depending on the building needs.