world jr hockey

klein

Für Meno :)
You know Upstate, we couldn't figure out why the West Edmonton Mall (largest Mall in North America), was fully packed, and even the roads leading to it, because it's way past xmas.
Took me a minute or 2 to figure that out - we have over 100.000 visitors/tourists from all over the world currently for this tournament !

And they all love to shop ! :)

DS

Fenderbender
You know Upstate, we couldn't figure out why the West Edmonton Mall (largest Mall in North America), was fully packed, and even the roads leading to it, because it's way past xmas.
Took me a minute or 2 to figure that out - we have over 100.000 visitors/tourists from all over the world currently for this tournament !

Any Mexicans? :)
Man this game is intense eh!!!!

klein

Wow, after being behind 6:1 and comming back within 4:57 min and scoring 4 to get a 6:5 loss.... and hitting the goal post once again..... I must just say Canada woke up too late in the game.

But, my in hockey pool I did select Russia to win.

Not because I thought Russia would win it, but I did know their goal tending is superb, but figured if Canada loses, atleast I might win the pool.
So, either way I would have won.

Just one pick left to make : Russia vs lucky Sweden ..... whom to pick ???????

P

pickup

Wow, after being behind 6:1 and comming back within 4:57 min and scoring 4 to get a 6:5 loss.... and hitting the goal post once again..... I must just say Canada woke up too late in the game.

But, my in hockey pool I did select Russia to win.

Not because I thought Russia would win it, but I did know their goal tending is superb, but figured if Canada loses, atleast I might win the pool.
So, either way I would have won.

Just one pick left to make : Russia vs lucky Sweden ..... whom to pick ???????

Since you feel it is very important to root for the team of one's own country, you must subscribe to the belief that rooting affects the outcome of a game. By choosing Russia, your full intent and "rootiness" was not behind the Canada team, and that is why Canada lost.

Congratulations, Klein, by pursuing filty lucre , you cost your team a championship.

klein

Since you feel it is very important to root for the team of one's own country, you must subscribe to the belief that rooting affects the outcome of a game. By choosing Russia, your full intent and "rootiness" was not behind the Canada team, and that is why Canada lost.

Congratulations, Klein, by pursuing filty lucre , you cost your team a championship.

Nope, I seen it as a win/win situation ! If Canada wins, which I totally cheered on as they scored 4 goals in just over 4 min to almost even it out and go into OT..
But, incase Canada would lose, I could still win the pool ! And sure enough, only very few people picked Russia in the pool to win.

I jumped from 50 spot to 5th spot now (tied though with another 14 on 5th spot).

Now, comes the big decision :
If I choose the favorite Russian Team to win, I'll remain tied in 5th spot, probably with all other 14 ..... meaning, they'll have a draw....

But, if I pick underdog Sweden to win, and they do pull of the miracle on ice... then I win forsure a prize pack worth $3500 ! (big screen TV, Hockey table, jerseys, gitcards, bar fridge and more)...

What to do ?????? It will bug me until Thursday when I make that final decision.

Oh yeah, and if I do pick Sweden to win and they lose - I'm 100% out of luck to win anything at all !

You're the only person who can derail himself with even more crap that no one cares about.

images

klein

Buffalo, NY must have made over $300 Million last year, excluding ticket sales ! (Ticket sales go to the IHFF) and is divided up for the countries that participated and another part of that to 3rd World countries as foreign aid.

klein

I do have some sort of control, which is the tie-breaker question : "How many shots on goal will both teams combined have" ?

I'm leaning towards the number of 61.

Thanks for the input pickup ! (and yes, I know they do - but Russia is just much of a better team and it would be silly to bet against them).

klein

This is the prize pack for the top 5 (I'm in 5th spot , tied with 14 others) :
(I;m already looking for a good space to put the hockey table and bar fridge in my home) :)

373353_10267666955_1253683149_n.jpg
[SIZE=+1]
Bring the Molson Canadian Hockey House experience to your home![/SIZE]

Indulge in your own personal hockey-viewing Mecca with awesome electronics and exclusive Molson Canadian gear. Our top five point earners will win:
  • Samsung 51" Flat Screen TV
  • Home Theatre Speaker System
  • Molson Canadian branded mini bar fridge
  • Molson Canadian branded bubble hockey table
  • Team Canada memorabilia
(MSRP $3533)

klein

Well, Canada wins a medal for the 14th time in a year , but still disapointed , because Canada has been in the Gold medal game for the past 13 years in a row.

It's odd, but us Canadians hate to settle for less.

4:0.
But revenge is comming in Russia next year !!!!!!! :)

DS

Fenderbender
Wow,the Sweden Russia game was a pleasure to watch.
0-0 through 3 periods with amazing goaltending.
After 31 years the Swedes finally won.
The Russians were dejected,refusing to allow the silver medals to be placed around their necks.(those Russians)
What a sweet ending to this tournament,I'm proud of those kids.
I don't care that Canada only won the bronze.

klein

I screwed up and should have picked the lucky, underdogs Swedes to win (that`s the 5th time they won in this short tournament in OT or shoot-outs) !!!!

The over $3500 prize pack would have been mine. I feel like I just came back from Vegas losing a lot of money. So sad and disapointed.
But , just like the Calgary crowd at the Saddledom, was hoping the Swedes would win it :)

Congrats Sweden, see you next year in Russia !

P

pickup

Wow,the Sweden Russia game was a pleasure to watch.
0-0 through 3 periods with amazing goaltending.
After 31 years the Swedes finally won.
The Russians were dejected,refusing to allow the silver medals to be placed around their necks.(those Russians)
What a sweet ending to this tournament,I'm proud of those kids.
I don't care that Canada only won the bronze.

Bronze??? Funny , I hear about gold and silver prices all the time, going up up up. "Buy Gold , buy silver" I constantly hear, but I never hear anything about bronze.

Ya know why??, cos Bronze is worthless just like the medals the Canadians received.

(sorry Ds, I am just using your post to bother someone else)

klein

Well, another year and another Canada - USA showdown :

Canada. USA. Winner plays for Gold.

With the US win this morning over the Czech Republic, Canada has a semi-final date with the Americans tomorrow on TSN.

Who will be playing for Gold? Canada or USA?

Reminder: The games are played in Russia so it's live on TV in the middle of the night !