FedEx Announcement October 2012/Investors

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
If I own a plumbing and heating company I don't fire Joe so I can consider his 40 grand profit.

If I fire Joe that's one less person that can buy stuff. Isn't that what the economy is about?

No, but you lay him off if you don't need him. That 40k will be spent either by you, him, or someone else. If it's your money and you don't care and you still want to pay him anyway, that's your business.

My personal yardstick is should I expect a business to do something with its money that I wouldn't do with mine. I never paid the guy who cut my grass during the winter. Why would I pay him when he's not mowing my yard? I eventually "fired" him him because I had better uses for the money and it wasn't going to kill me to cut the grass myself.

thedownhillEXPRESS

No, but you lay him off if you don't need him. That 40k will be spent either by you, him, or someone else. If it's your money and you don't care and you still want to pay him anyway, that's your business.

My personal yardstick is should I expect a business to do something with its money that I wouldn't do with mine. I never paid the guy who cut my grass during the winter. Why would I pay him when he's not mowing my yard? I eventually "fired" him him because I had better uses for the money and it wasn't going to kill me to cut the grass myself.

That 40 grand isn't being spent, it's being sat on.
The wealthy can only buy so many goods.
No reason to purchase 500 iPads or 70 vacuum cleaners just because you can.
No the money gets stashed, in many cases out of the economy.
Tell me , if one person owned all the wealth in the world ,how would that be a "working" economy, that's what the days of kings and emperors had,leaving little innovation in economies.
That's what is happening on a smaller(but growing) scale.
Take money from the masses and the consumer is left with nothing to spend.

thedownhillEXPRESS

Take a 100 bucks from a million people and give it to one, that person will not be putting that money to work as beneficially as the million people would have.