World series picks

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

What doea a bear on birth control and wearing sandles have in common with the 2008 world series?

No cubs! No sox!

Let's clarify that--no WHITE sox. The RED are doing just fine, thank you so very much.

I find myself in a difficult place. As a Red Sox fan, I would love nothing more than to see us repeat. As a baseball fan, I would love nothing more than to see the Rays win. A team with a total payroll equal to what A-Rod usually leaves for a tip at dinner.

Manny comes back to Boston. TBS couldn't ask for a better scenario.

Big Babooba

or he gets bombed with cans of boston baked beans....:happy-very:
Golf balls are much better. I've seen it with my own two eyes. I was at Fenway when the Yankees came to town after Bill Lee had his shoulder torn apart at Yankee Stadium. Ask Mickey Rivers, he'll vouch for me. BTW, Sox in 4.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Tampa Bay in 7 in what will be one of the lowest Nielsen rated World Series in recent memory. It's a shame as both both teams deserve to be there yet few will watch.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Sorry, just picked the first baseball thread I saw.............

"Los Angeles Dodgers fans flooded the team office with ticket requests Wednesday when the team signed Manny Ramirez for forty-five million dollars. Now he's besieged by fans wherever he goes. The whole town is thrilled to have a buyer who can qualify." ~Argus Hamilton ~

Big Babooba

Sorry, just picked the first baseball thread I saw.............

"Los Angeles Dodgers fans flooded the team office with ticket requests Wednesday when the team signed Manny Ramirez for forty-five million dollars. Now he's besieged by fans wherever he goes. The whole town is thrilled to have a buyer who can qualify." ~Argus Hamilton ~
He's not playing for a contract now, expect less from him this year. Next year if he's not happy, expect him to sit down on his team - like he did to Boston.

Ms.PacMan

I have a World Series pick story...

When my son was little I went out to get him a baseball cap and decided to get one for me too. I didn't want to pick a bad team so I asked a 12 year old kid in the sporting goods store to help me pick out caps.

Good teams, I told him.
Like who will make it to the World Series, he said?

He went for a green cap and I said No, not a green cap! Without missing a beat, the kid turned around and asked me, Well what color do you think is gonna win the World Series, lady? (smart aleck :) )

He and I eventually picked the Atlanta Braves and NY Yankees (based on color mostly :D) but they were both in the World Series that year.

Big Babooba

I have a World Series pick story...

When my son was little I went out to get him a baseball cap and decided to get one for me too. I didn't want to pick a bad team so I asked a 12 year old kid in the sporting goods store to help me pick out caps.

Good teams, I told him.
Like who will make it to the World Series, he said?

He went for a green cap and I said No, not a green cap! Without missing a beat, the kid turned around and asked me, Well what color do you think is gonna win the World Series, lady? (smart aleck :) )

He and I eventually picked the Atlanta Braves and NY Yankees (based on color mostly :D) but they were both in the World Series that year.
I hope you treat the Wankee Hat with the respect that it is due.