Worst experience with a customer

utupser

I had a warehouse manager that hated the fact that i made more money than him. So when doing the pickup he would literally lean back in his chair and watch me haul the packages from the back room thru the front door to ky package car. One time when i was walking out the front door at the same time as him he said "I would help you but you make too much money " . I mentioned that I never asked for his help. However payback came about a year or two later when he was struggling with some boxes while going out the front door and i walked by him and said "I'd help you but you dont make enough money". He didnt harass me much after that.

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
My worst was a delivery to a Rite-Aid last year. I believe they were getting their mothers day greeting cards in, and they had 18 good sized boxes. This store seldom got more than 5 packages in an entire week. So, I load up my handcart with 9 of the boxes and walk inside. Nobody at the register, so I proceed further into the store. They had gotten another delivery earlier, and had yet to put it away, so I logically assumed that's where they'd want their stuff. I unloaded the cart, and just as I was done, an employee comes over and starts yelling about "That's not where this goes, blah blah, blah", I reply "Would have been nice if you said that BEFORE I unloaded them all", then she tells me they go in the back stock room (which is mostly blocked by the prior delivery), I said I'll either take them and stack them by the counter, or they come back on the truck as refused. Loaded all 19 boxes at the end of the register (mumbling some choice words while I did)

Hey, she was trying to hold me up while I was trying to destroy that route!

Still punched out in 8 that day

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Had a customer try to goad me into a fistfight one time over a long-running dispute concerning access and where I could park on his property while making deliveries to him. He got up in my grill and was blowing cigarette smoke in my face, calling me profane names etc. I could have totaled the guy, but I would have lost my job and he knew it and was taking advantage of it. So instead, I said "have a nice day, sir" and walked away. After calming down, I called the center and informed them of what had happened and that I would not set foot on that customer's property ever again. My management backed me up 100% and the customer wound up renting a box at the UPS store for all future deliveries.

F

FrigidAdCorrector

Had a customer come in with 3 infonotice slips and a postcard irate he didn't get his package. We had it in the center for over a week. He was out of town for a funeral and was mad because he expected us to know that. Well it had been RTSed and was gone. He verbally abused one of my guys. He was irate. When I explained it was gone he asked for my employee ID number and what number he can call to get me fired. Politely provided both. My FT asked me about it, explained the whole thing and he backed me up 100%.

I bumped into him yesterday actually. I was talking to a professor at my school catching up. The guy walked by and the prof yelled for him to come in because he wanted to introduce me to him. We both looked at each other like "How do I know this guy?" Eventually it all clicked and it was awkward.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Had a customer come in with 3 infonotice slips and a postcard irate he didn't get his package. We had it in the center for over a week. He was out of town for a funeral and was mad because he expected us to know that. Well it had been RTSed and was gone. He verbally abused one of my guys. He was irate. When I explained it was gone he asked for my employee ID number and what number he can call to get me fired. Politely provided both. My FT asked me about it, explained the whole thing and he backed me up 100%.

I bumped into him yesterday actually. I was talking to a professor at my school catching up. The guy walked by and the prof yelled for him to come in because he wanted to introduce me to him. We both looked at each other like "How do I know this guy?" Eventually it all clicked and it was awkward.
There's nothing better than a pissed off customer screaming about calling your supervisor and getting you fired.

I usually offer to call them right then for them. The looks on some of their faces is priceless.

UPSGUY72

The worst experiences I have with customers are any business that doesn't have a (p) next to there pic up and they tell me that isn't the protocol that has been established after I tell UPS policies on +/- 15 and it for the driver to make the pick up and not them to be ready.

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
Over the years I had many times when some nut would go off on me, usually for things I had no control over. Earlier in my career I would just argue with them and let it get under my hide.
After a time I discovered most of them just want to say their piece as get some kind of
sympathy. As soon as I started listening and nodding yes, but still not usually changing anything in my procedure, they would just drop it, feeling like they won.
It's the same thing Center Mgrs have been using for decades. "I'd do it differently if only I could, but it's coming from the 'higher ups' and so, while I completely agree with you, I can't change a thing."