worst info notice I have seen so far ! :(

HomeDelivery

Personally, I think the parcle is a bit too huge, and the driver trried to pull a fast one, and make me pick it up instead or just doesn't know how to fill an info notice out correctly, yet, or even maybe the center is telling drivers to write it on info notices, so it saves them from doing 2nd and 3rd attempts ?

did the driver ask to sign the DIAD/scanner? or he just driver-released it to ya?

klein

Für Meno :)
No, good old Ralphie, had the diad in his hand and ready for me to sign.

I just signed the diad while we were chatting about other things.

RockdaleEddie

Optimized
We don't have that option on residential packages--we have to DR on the first attempt.

Wo Wo Wo if you get a follow up/tracer and it was an IPAD or a laptop or some funky speakers that looked fun to snag off the porch "out of site out of weather of course" you must have 0% responsibility then right? 1st attempt no matter what means don't ask me to go askin why yalls missin yer stuff...just sayin Seriously though this guy that started this must have a hang up with UPS. I have been with UPS for almost 20 years and as far as customer service goes I don't think it has ever been more reliable (other than the 1-800-number) in that time. Even if it was a cover driver. But the glue does suck and so do the new DVIR books...just sayin again

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Wo Wo Wo if you get a follow up/tracer and it was an IPAD or a laptop or some funky speakers that looked fun to snag off the porch "out of site out of weather of course" you must have 0% responsibility then right? 1st attempt no matter what means don't ask me to go askin why yalls missin yer stuff...just sayin Seriously though this guy that started this must have a hang up with UPS. I have been with UPS for almost 20 years and as far as customer service goes I don't think it has ever been more reliable (other than the 1-800-number) in that time. Even if it was a cover driver. But the glue does suck and so do the new DVIR books...just sayin again

This is the problem with quoting out of context. If you had bothered to read the entire thread and my post you would have seen that I was referring to delivery of Basic packages.

cino321

We don't have that option on residential packages--we have to DR on the first attempt.

No you don't. If anyone tells you that they're full of it. Next time you have a basic package, and you cannot leave it out of sight or out of weather as per the methods, try to sheet it as NI, the DIAD will then prompt you and tell you to sheet it as will call. Try it today.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

no you don't. If anyone tells you that they're full of it. Next time you have a basic package, and you cannot leave it out of sight or out of weather as per the methods, try to sheet it as ni, the diad will then prompt you and tell you to sheet it as will call. Try it today.

We are directed to DR all Basics on the first attempt in my center. The only time I will deviate from this is if I have a Basic for a closed business--other that that, stop, drop and roll.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
I once brought back a shipper release pkg (same concept as basic) because it was a locked apt building. The Omaha Steaks rotted over the weekend. From that point forward all basic and shipper release to a resi are left no matter what.

HomeDelivery

ya I got yelled at to DR any perishables, no matter what... shrugs

regular parcels, up to the driver to see if the area he/she is DR to is a high risk or not... at least your diads have that tech to warn a cover driver when not to DR a parcel, right?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

ya I got yelled at to DR any perishables, no matter what... shrugs

regular parcels, up to the driver to see if the area he/she is DR to is a high risk or not... at least your diads have that tech to warn a cover driver when not to DR a parcel, right?

We have an annual DR certification that we have to read and sign off on. The DIAD will only list those addresses that are "high claim". If the shipper requests a signature the DIAD will not allow us to DR the pkg.

C

chuchu

We are directed to DR all Basics on the first attempt in my center. The only time I will deviate from this is if I have a Basic for a closed business--other that that, stop, drop and roll.
In our center it is still up to the driver to make the call. If it a box of checks at an apt. bldg. that is locked up we leave an infonotice and bring them back to the clerk (on the first attempt of course), it is stop completed as "will called". Checks and medicine, it is always the drivers responsibility. That is why we have a prompt in the board. It is OUR option. I wld not like to be the driver that DR'd a pkg of medicine and some 3 yr old OD'd on them and if it hit the media I am sure UPS would have your back. Not.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I give that one to Menotyou.
We cannot make an extra-contractual agreement with the employer.

You guys can do whatever you want. I prefer to stay under the radar. There is nothing in the certification that we don't do already and we would still be subject to discipline based upon the contents of the form whether we sign it or not.

over9five

Staff member
We can all do what we want. I was correcting your statement of "Uh, you don't have a choice".

We put RTS (Refuse To Sign) where the signature would go.