Would A/C sweeten the western supplement?

brown_trousers

I dont think it would even possible to cool down a center or hub (except the office area). Too much opening and closing of large bay doors, too high of ceilings, it would be an astronomical cost to even lower the temperature a little bit.

ocnewguy

i was pondering today what it would be like to would be like to work a day sort in, say, phoenix where it's 120 today. so probably 130+ in the back of a trailer baking in the sun all day. major props to anyone that can handle that, because i couldn't.

Tough Guy

I'm sure all hubs are different, but ours has no type of ventilation. It's an older building though. I would think if they make new buildings, they would have some sort of retractable vents or something they could open towards the roof. So we literally become entrapped in an oven. Again, probably a similar scenario in all hubs.

Squint

No more work for me!
I would rather have 8% humidity as it is in Phoenix today instead of the 70% persistent humidity that it is in NJ almost all the time. It's like working in pea soup out east. The dry heat as I remember it from my youth in San Joaquin Valley is bearable at least.

stink219

I can see it in a tractor when they are driving in a cab for a few hours. But how can you maintain the cold of an AC in a package car? What's the average time in the seat once on route? 3 minutes? I'd love it, but they think my over allowed is bad now? I guarantee it would double if I had AC. Lol

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
image.jpg
​Only 2 more hours to go.
image.jpg

brown_trousers

I can see it in a tractor when they are driving in a cab for a few hours. But how can you maintain the cold of an AC in a package car? What's the average time in the seat once on route? 3 minutes? I'd love it, but they think my over allowed is bad now? I guarantee it would double if I had AC. Lol

And the biggest issue for UPS... you would have to spend that extra few seconds every stop to open and close the door for the AC to have any effect. A normal driver leaves that door open on a hot day... quick in, quick out, less overtime!

musicman

Anybody that says it wouldn't do any good don't know what you are talking about or how hot it gets here. My nephew is a FedEx driver and he says his A/C makes all the difference in the world.