Would A/C sweeten the western supplement?

Theking30

SHORTY
If we keep up this 12 hour days crap, ac will benefit us and the company. I know I would feel better and might even show up for work on the Friday after the 4 th.

Socrates

I may not wear gloves in the winter but at least I am smart enough to close my doors.
DoorS? As in plural? That's about stupid. Since I know you're one of the more caustic personalities on this board, I should clarify: I am not a White Male, thus/consequently I sweat more. No reason to close the passenger door when it's 40 or even 30 out. Wear an undershirt and keep it moving.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Anybody that says it wouldn't do any good don't know what you are talking about or how hot it gets here. My nephew is a FedEx driver and he says his A/C makes all the difference in the world.

FedEx Express drivers tend to cover more area than the average UPS driver, have more windshield time and get in/out of the vehicle less often so, yes, A/C does make sense in their vehicles. Our routes are normally more condensed, we drive fewer miles and are in/out of the pkg car much more often. A/C would not make sense in our package cars.

over9five

Staff member
FedEx Express drivers tend to cover more area than the average UPS driver, have more windshield time and get in/out of the vehicle less often so, yes, A/C does make sense in their vehicles. Our routes are normally more condensed, we drive fewer miles and are in/out of the pkg car much more often. A/C would not make sense in our package cars.

How many years were we told that same BS about power steering? You and I are in the northern part of the country, but I'm sure our friends in the south would love some nice cold air blowing on them. I realize it would never get the cab cold, but just that refreshing cold breeze would make a hell of a difference.

oldngray

nowhere special
A/C would help but at least put those little vent fans back in cab. I heard so many excuses ( such as it would drain juice from things like telematics that were more important) but all were lame. I talked to a mechanic and he said he was not allowed to order any of those fans because they break in a couple of weeks. How about installing better fans? Nah, that costs money.

Johney

As with everything UPS adds to make our job "easier" like DIAD,EDD, power steering,new trucks, etc.,A/C would be just like the rest....they make it better and we are expected to do more work. I don't know about the rest of you, but every time some gadget or system is added I get 25 more stops.

musicman

Thanks for enlightening me on the difference between UPS and Fed ex express. I have been at UPS since the first Bush was in the White House so it's nice to finally know the difference. I bump into the express driver in the little town I deliver in frequently during the day. His uniform is dry and he has a little bead of sweat running down his forehead. My uniform is drenched front and back with sweat and white salt stains and I have rashes in places you don't want to know about. I don't think you truly comprehend what kind of heat I'm talking about anyway. I'm not referring to some heat wave that lasts a week or two. I'm talking over 100 degrees from the end of May till the end of September.

Last edited:

104Feeder

Phoenix Feeder
Pretty much if you don't live & work in this:
News from The Associated Presshe people who do are saying to STFU. Sort of how we don't have a right to make ASSumptions about how much sense it is to heat a building that has a hundred open doors in Winter.

gman042

Been around the block a few times
I went thru 2 gallons of water yesterday and a Gatorade. There is no way to say it other than.....when it is hot it is miserable. Any kind of cool breeze is a welcome blessing no matter how brief.

Marlin3030hntr

Thanks for enlightening me on the difference between UPS and Fed ex express. I have been at UPS since the first Bush was in the White House so it's nice to finally know the difference. I bump into the express driver in the little town I deliver in frequently during the day. His uniform is dry and he has a little bead of sweat running down his forehead. My uniform is drenched front and back with sweat and white salt stains and I have rashes in places you don't want to know about. I don't think you truly comprehend what kind of heat I'm talking about anyway. I'm not referring to some heat wave that lasts a week or two. I'm talking over 100 degrees from the end of May till the end of September.

I feel you it's in the 100's till October here some years, the back of our trucks frequent 140 degrees more often than not and working a sort is great when you get to work and its already close to 100 and you leave and it's over 100, or starting your route and its already 100+ and getting in and it's still 100+ so I feel your pain, and saying its a dry heat doesn't help, when you have a breeze with humidity it's a nice breeze, when its 112 with 7% humidity and its windy it's just a hot blast furnace so it's miserably either way don't get me wrong, but that paycheck on Friday almost makes it worth it