Would you rather?

ski or die

Ski or Die
More hours and less money.........NO!!!!!

Several years ago, I had filed a discrimination suit with the EEOC. When it was settled, I received a copy which showed supervisors pay. It was included to show the company was trying not to discriminate against race or gender. At that time, the starting pay for a supervisor was a 45 hour weekly paycheck at straight time.

RolloTony Brown Town

I'm trying to think of a reason why I would want to (a) take a pay cut (b) lose my pension (c) lose vacation weeks (d) lose job security and (e) work even more hours than I already do now.
If I can think of something I will let you know.

Just for clarification purposes... If time with the company is equal then management has more vacation time than union. Regardless of pt or ft. So I have 10 years and one of my drivers has 10. He has 3 weeks vacation. I have 4. The rest is generally true.

I went in pt management at 22 and didn't realize the opportunity to drive was really there as a hub employee. I drove for a summer and peak season and loved it. Being an on car isn't all bad though.

Yes I work more hours than my drivers. Yes I get to come in and listen to 30 drivers complain about having to drive 1 street over from where they prefer and complain about having 5 more stops than yesterday. Complain about how I told them to do their job, regardless of how imaginary the numbers are. Don't get me wrong. I love my group. Good guys and when they're right they're right but drivers as a whole, particularly in groups are babies. Someone call the waaaambulance because jonny brown shorts is crying again.

I'm not hating. I like being in management. Being a driver was a ton of fun for me. Why cry? You make more than us and don't have nearly as much to deal with. I walk outta that place with a smile everyday and usually high fiving one of the drivers on my way out the door. Life's too short man.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Just for clarification purposes... If time with the company is equal then management has more vacation time than union. Regardless of pt or ft. So I have 10 years and one of my drivers has 10. He has 3 weeks vacation. I have 4. The rest is generally true.

I went in pt management at 22 and didn't realize the opportunity to drive was really there as a hub employee. I drove for a summer and peak season and loved it. Being an on car isn't all bad though.

Yes I work more hours than my drivers. Yes I get to come in and listen to 30 drivers complain about having to drive 1 street over from where they prefer and complain about having 5 more stops than yesterday. Complain about how I told them to do their job, regardless of how imaginary the numbers are. Don't get me wrong. I love my group. Good guys and when they're right they're right but drivers as a whole, particularly in groups are babies. Someone call the waaaambulance because jonny brown shorts is crying again.

I'm not hating. I like being in management. Being a driver was a ton of fun for me. Why cry? You make more than us and don't have nearly as much to deal with. I walk outta that place with a smile everyday and usually high fiving one of the drivers on my way out the door. Life's too short man.
Well put

BrownArmy

"Someone call the waaaambulance because jonny brown shorts is crying again."

Best sentence ever, and I'm a driver.

Lulz-a-saurus-rex.